Looking for Morrow timeline - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for Morrow timeline - CP/M ; [ This is a repost of the following article: ] [ From: dgriffi@cs.csbuak.edu (Dave Griffith) ] [ Subject: Looking for Morrow timeline ] [ Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers ] [ Message-ID: ] Does anyone have a timeline and story of what happened ...

  1. Looking for Morrow timeline

    [ This is a repost of the following article: ]
    [ From: dgriffi@cs.csbuak.edu (Dave Griffith) ]
    [ Subject: Looking for Morrow timeline ]
    [ Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers ]

    Does anyone have a timeline and story of what happened when at
    ThinkerToys/Morrow?

    --
    David Griffith

    David Griffith

  2. Re: Looking for Morrow timeline

    Dave Griffith wrote:
    > [ From: dgriffi@cs.csbuak.edu (Dave Griffith) ]

    > Does anyone have a timeline and story of what happened when at
    > ThinkerToys/Morrow?

    I have a brief Morrow page as part of my manuals collection:

    http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs.../d_morrow.html

    ....which has a brief history of the company and its founder George
    Morrow. It points to one history of Morrow by Stan Veit (Computer
    Shopper et al) at this link:

    http://www.pc-history.org/cpm.htm

    and you might be informed by what remains on the Web of various obits
    of George Morrow, including one by the New York Times of May 8 2003,
    shortly after his death. I have an apparently complete collection of
    his company's "Morrow Owner's Review" newsletters of the mid 1980's
    before and after their Chapter 11 filing. Contact me if you are
    interested in copies.

    Herb Johnson
    (note: don't use my gmail address for inquiries; look below.)

    Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    web site
    domain mirror

  3. Re: Looking for Morrow timeline

    Herb Johnson wrote:

    I have an apparently complete collection of
    > his company's "Morrow Owner's Review" newsletters of the mid 1980's
    > before and after their Chapter 11 filing. Contact me if you are
    > interested in copies.
    >
    > Herb Johnson
    > (note: don't use my gmail address for inquiries; look below.)
    >
    > Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
    > web site
    > domain mirror
    > my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
    > if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
    > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
    > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"

    Herb,

    Those Morrow Owner's Review's are an interesting piece of history, but
    they were *not* produced by, or were they in anyway affilliated with,
    Morrow. A lady named Emma Paquin, a memeber or LAMUG (Los Angeles
    Morrow Users' Group), produced those as a "one lady show", to help
    other's learn about the machines. Pretty neat actually. Brian Leyton
    and I founded that group in 1981, and in it's "heydey" we had over 250
    members. Met once a month, no dues of memberships fees of any kind (we
    passed a hat at the meetings to raise postage money to mail owr
    newletters and meeting announcements), and usually 45-60 attendees each
    meeting. Great fun.

    Just an "historical note".

    Robert Parker

+ Reply to Thread