More Z80 boards.. - CP/M

This is a discussion on More Z80 boards.. - CP/M ; I discovered the following (Thai) site today, chock full of bare microcomputer board goodness: (international languages support in your browser recommended!) http://www.etteam.com/product/07000Z80.html The prices (in Baht, about 0.0262 USD) start from US$26 for a 8K RAM/ROM system with a decent ...

  1. More Z80 boards..

    I discovered the following (Thai) site today, chock full of bare
    microcomputer board goodness:
    (international languages support in your browser recommended!)

    http://www.etteam.com/product/07000Z80.html

    The prices (in Baht, about 0.0262 USD) start from US$26 for a 8K
    RAM/ROM system with a decent amount of IO, and US$50 on their
    'biggest' Z80 board.

    This is all well and good, for small Z80 boards made in a 'foreign'
    country, but it just so happened ETT have an international distributor
    at http://www.futurlec.com/ ... The Z80 boards aren't listed, although
    with the Australian distributor being only a few kilometres from my
    home, I should be able to find out if they can order-in the
    non-english-site-listed boards for needy customers..

    --
    Chris,,

  2. Re: More Z80 boards..

    In article ,
    Chris Baird wrote:

    > I discovered the following (Thai) site today, chock full of bare
    > microcomputer board goodness:
    > (international languages support in your browser recommended!)
    >
    > http://www.etteam.com/product/07000Z80.html
    >
    > The prices (in Baht, about 0.0262 USD) start from US$26 for a 8K
    > RAM/ROM system with a decent amount of IO, and US$50 on their
    > 'biggest' Z80 board.
    >
    > This is all well and good, for small Z80 boards made in a 'foreign'
    > country, but it just so happened ETT have an international distributor
    > at http://www.futurlec.com/ ... The Z80 boards aren't listed, although
    > with the Australian distributor being only a few kilometres from my
    > home, I should be able to find out if they can order-in the
    > non-english-site-listed boards for needy customers..

    While my experience may be unique, i had zero luck ordering from
    futurlec or getting *any* response from their sales group.

  3. Re: More Z80 boards..

    > While my experience may be unique, i had zero luck ordering from
    > futurlec or getting *any* response from their sales group.

    Yeah, I'd echo this as well now. I didn't notice before I'd posted
    that they omit that little detail known as a 'registered business
    number'...

    Pity. It could've been an opportunity for The Rest Of Us to have the
    benefits of Outsourcing Labor to other countries.

    --
    Chris

  4. Re: More Z80 boards..

    I would echo the above comments, as well.

    Even if you live a street away from their "head office", they still
    want to be able to post to you. And then they wanted to charge me more
    for postage than what they said on their web pages.

    BTW Chris, is the "scorch" server still going? That seems like an eon
    ago!

+ Reply to Thread