Re: Hardware Project... - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Hardware Project... - CP/M ; I finally had enough time to do a little search. Stuart Ross's Web site is at: www.rocketbelt.co.uk Eric Bengtsson's Web site is at: www.peroxidepropulsion.com So, if you have nothing to do during those coming Winter nights... (There appears to be ...

  1. Re: Hardware Project...

    I finally had enough time to do a little search.

    Stuart Ross's Web site is at:

    www.rocketbelt.co.uk

    Eric Bengtsson's Web site is at:

    www.peroxidepropulsion.com

    So, if you have nothing to do
    during those coming Winter nights...

    (There appears to be a group of
    rocketbelt enthusiasts who want
    to create a "public domain" freely
    copiable rocketbelt...)

    Yours Sincerely,
    "French Luser"

  2. Re: Hardware Project...

  3. Re: Hardware Project...

    Hello, David!

    > I'm not sure if it's possible to get any more off topic, but hey...

    Hahaha!!! In the contrary, in this comp.os.cpm Newsgroup,
    dealing with a 30-years old dead OS, what could be more
    ON topic than a 40-years old rocketbelt? Anyway, like most
    programmers, I am a fan of (good technical) Sci-Fi. (Please
    re-read my "How to fly a UFO (on paper)" translation using
    Google, when searching into "Groups" -- you won't find it
    if at the "Web" level.)

    > Armadillo Aerospace (John Carmack's rocketry research company) has been
    > doing a lot of primary research into small rocket engines. They've given

    up
    > on hydrogen peroxide because of the difficulty of getting 90%-conc
    > peroxide, which is a shame because it works quite well.

    Indeed, this is a shame, since the head of this thread and the
    Web site of Eric Bengtsson says that he either provides
    hydrogen peroxide, or explains how to produce it yourself...

    > A skydiver has achieved level flight using a wingsuit (a 'flying squirrel'
    > skydiving suit) with miniature jet engines strapped to his feet. These

    burn
    > Jet A1. It doesn't say how long his fuel lasted, but level flight was
    > apparently easy to control and sustainable indefinitely. There's video.

    I particularly enjoy your "indefinitely"... Seems like you are
    a fan of this contraption! (Personally, being raised on Greek
    mythology, I would prefer a pair of wings!)

    Yours Sincerely,
    "French Luser"

+ Reply to Thread