Kaypro 10 help needed - CP/M

This is a discussion on Kaypro 10 help needed - CP/M ; Hello everybody, I think I screwed up on this ... I tried to reload my K10 using the set of reload disks I was mailed some time ago. I created the disks, made a bootable floppy on the K10 from ...

  1. Kaypro 10 help needed

    Hello everybody,
    I think I screwed up on this ...
    I tried to reload my K10 using the set of reload disks I was mailed some
    time ago.
    I created the disks, made a bootable floppy on the K10 from the system
    that was there and copied some utilities to that floppy.
    The 1st floppy from the reload set turned out to be not bootable, so I
    booted from the spare boot disk, formatted the hard disk and tried to
    start the submit file on the 1st reload disk. Because of the missing OS
    on the disk, the submit file won't run. I tried to execute the commands
    of the SUB file manually, partitions B: and C: are created, but I cannot
    PIP files onto them. STAT B:=[RW] doesn't help, either.
    Next I erased the Boot floppy accidentally, it's still bootable, but the
    utilities are gone ... !"利@

    Is there a way to transfer the system of my floppy that has only the
    boot tracks onto the installation disk of the reload set?

    Could somebody please mail me a proper bootdisk to start the reload
    process?

    Thanks in advance,Robert
    --
    Wartna dir hilfi...

  2. Re: Kaypro 10 help needed

    Robert,

    Which K10 reload set are you trying to use? Dave Dunfield has a set of
    CP/M-2.2F images on his web site. I would recommend using these images.
    The K10G reload set has a bad boot disk image and should be fixed. All
    of the files have been moved to user 0 resulting in duplicate directory
    entries. All but about 5 or 6 of the files should be in user 1. You
    could also use the K10H reload set.

    Don C.

    Robert Flossmann wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    > I think I screwed up on this ...
    > I tried to reload my K10 using the set of reload disks I was mailed some
    > time ago.
    > I created the disks, made a bootable floppy on the K10 from the system
    > that was there and copied some utilities to that floppy.
    > The 1st floppy from the reload set turned out to be not bootable, so I
    > booted from the spare boot disk, formatted the hard disk and tried to
    > start the submit file on the 1st reload disk. Because of the missing OS
    > on the disk, the submit file won't run. I tried to execute the commands
    > of the SUB file manually, partitions B: and C: are created, but I cannot
    > PIP files onto them. STAT B:=[RW] doesn't help, either.
    > Next I erased the Boot floppy accidentally, it's still bootable, but the
    > utilities are gone ... !"利@
    >
    > Is there a way to transfer the system of my floppy that has only the
    > boot tracks onto the installation disk of the reload set?
    >
    > Could somebody please mail me a proper bootdisk to start the reload
    > process?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,Robert
    > --
    > Wartna dir hilfi...

  3. Re: Kaypro 10 help needed

    In article <1147643666.180315.126780@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    micronut@att.net says...
    > Robert,
    >
    > Which K10 reload set are you trying to use? Dave Dunfield has a set of
    > CP/M-2.2F images on his web site. I would recommend using these images.
    > The K10G reload set has a bad boot disk image and should be fixed. All
    > of the files have been moved to user 0 resulting in duplicate directory
    > entries. All but about 5 or 6 of the files should be in user 1. You
    > could also use the K10H reload set.
    >
    > Don C.
    >
    > Robert Flossmann wrote:
    > > Hello everybody,
    > > I think I screwed up on this ...
    > > I tried to reload my K10 using the set of reload disks I was mailed some
    > > time ago.
    > > I created the disks, made a bootable floppy on the K10 from the system
    > > that was there and copied some utilities to that floppy.
    > > The 1st floppy from the reload set turned out to be not bootable, so I
    > > booted from the spare boot disk, formatted the hard disk and tried to
    > > start the submit file on the 1st reload disk. Because of the missing OS
    > > on the disk, the submit file won't run. I tried to execute the commands
    > > of the SUB file manually, partitions B: and C: are created, but I cannot
    > > PIP files onto them. STAT B:=[RW] doesn't help, either.
    > > Next I erased the Boot floppy accidentally, it's still bootable, but the
    > > utilities are gone ... !"利@
    > >
    > > Is there a way to transfer the system of my floppy that has only the
    > > boot tracks onto the installation disk of the reload set?
    > >
    > > Could somebody please mail me a proper bootdisk to start the reload
    > > process?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,Robert
    > > --
    > > Wartna dir hilfi...

    Don,
    where can I get the K10H set? I have the a G set (doesn't boot) and the
    F images from Dave's site (don't boot, either).
    For the moment a boot disk that would allow me to get my HD going again
    and that contains all the important utilities (System generation, Disk
    format) would be enough.
    Thanks, Robert
    --
    Wartna dir hilfi...

  4. Re: Kaypro 10 help needed

    Here's the link:

    http://www.mrynet.com/kaypro/software.html

    Don C.

    Robert Flossmann wrote:
    > In article <1147643666.180315.126780@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    > micronut@att.net says...
    > > Robert,
    > >
    > > Which K10 reload set are you trying to use? Dave Dunfield has a set of
    > > CP/M-2.2F images on his web site. I would recommend using these images.
    > > The K10G reload set has a bad boot disk image and should be fixed. All
    > > of the files have been moved to user 0 resulting in duplicate directory
    > > entries. All but about 5 or 6 of the files should be in user 1. You
    > > could also use the K10H reload set.
    > >
    > > Don C.
    > >
    > > Robert Flossmann wrote:
    > > > Hello everybody,
    > > > I think I screwed up on this ...
    > > > I tried to reload my K10 using the set of reload disks I was mailed some
    > > > time ago.
    > > > I created the disks, made a bootable floppy on the K10 from the system
    > > > that was there and copied some utilities to that floppy.
    > > > The 1st floppy from the reload set turned out to be not bootable, so I
    > > > booted from the spare boot disk, formatted the hard disk and tried to
    > > > start the submit file on the 1st reload disk. Because of the missing OS
    > > > on the disk, the submit file won't run. I tried to execute the commands
    > > > of the SUB file manually, partitions B: and C: are created, but I cannot
    > > > PIP files onto them. STAT B:=[RW] doesn't help, either.
    > > > Next I erased the Boot floppy accidentally, it's still bootable, but the
    > > > utilities are gone ... !"利@
    > > >
    > > > Is there a way to transfer the system of my floppy that has only the
    > > > boot tracks onto the installation disk of the reload set?
    > > >
    > > > Could somebody please mail me a proper bootdisk to start the reload
    > > > process?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance,Robert
    > > > --
    > > > Wartna dir hilfi...

    > Don,
    > where can I get the K10H set? I have the a G set (doesn't boot) and the
    > F images from Dave's site (don't boot, either).
    > For the moment a boot disk that would allow me to get my HD going again
    > and that contains all the important utilities (System generation, Disk
    > format) would be enough.
    > Thanks, Robert
    > --
    > Wartna dir hilfi...

  5. Re: Kaypro 10 help needed

    In article <1147650979.884894.246760@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
    micronut@att.net says...
    > Here's the link:
    >
    > http://www.mrynet.com/kaypro/software.html
    >
    > Don C.
    >
    > Robert Flossmann wrote:
    > > In article <1147643666.180315.126780@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    > > micronut@att.net says...
    > > > Robert,
    > > >
    > > > Which K10 reload set are you trying to use? Dave Dunfield has a set of
    > > > CP/M-2.2F images on his web site. I would recommend using these images.
    > > > The K10G reload set has a bad boot disk image and should be fixed. All
    > > > of the files have been moved to user 0 resulting in duplicate directory
    > > > entries. All but about 5 or 6 of the files should be in user 1. You
    > > > could also use the K10H reload set.
    > > >
    > > > Don C.

    > > Don,
    > > where can I get the K10H set? I have the a G set (doesn't boot) and the
    > > F images from Dave's site (don't boot, either).

    Thanks, Don!
    I'll try them tonight after work. Great archive!

    Yours, Robert
    --
    Wartna dir hilfi...

  6. Re: Kaypro 10 help needed

    Thanks for all the help.
    I now have three reload/autoload sets in various image formats, but the
    first disk of neither set appears to be bootable.
    I particularly miss a disk utilility called DUTIL.COM that disappeared
    with the rest of the bootdisk by applying it to its disk ...
    Are there any bootable K10 disks out there?

    Thanks, Robert
    --
    Wartna dir hilfi...

  7. Re: Kaypro 10 help needed - UPDATE

    UPDATE

    According to this,

    CP/M versions of Kaypro computers:

    Model CP/M version Mainboard ROM versions
    _________ _____________ _________________ _______________

    K 1 2.2U1 81-294 81-478-A

    K 2X/MTC 2.2U1 81-580 81-478-A
    K 2X 2.2H 81-294 81-292-A
    K 2X 2.2G 81-294 81-292-A

    K 2/84 2.2G 81-294 81-292-A
    K II/83 2.2F 81-240 81-232
    K II/83 2.2F 81-184 81-242
    K II/83 2.2F 81-110 (obsolete) 81-149-C

    NEW 2 2.2U1 81-294 81-478-A

    K 4X 2.2H 81-297 81-326-E
    K 4X 2.2G 81-297 81-326-E

    K 4/84 2.2H 81-184 81-292-A
    K 4/84+88 2.2H 81-184 81-292-A SWP
    K 4/84 2.2G 81-184 81-292-A
    K 4/84+88 2.2G 81-184 81-292-A SWP
    K 4/83+88 2.2F 81-240 81-232-A SWP
    K 4/83 2.2F 81-240 81-232-A
    K 4/83 2.2F 81-184 81-232

    K 10/MTC 2.2U1 81-582 81-478-A
    K 10 2.2H 81-181 81-302-C
    K 10 2.2G 81-181 81-302-C
    K 10 2.2F 81-181 81-302
    K 10/83 2.2D 81-180 81-18

    I may have the K10/MTC model which uses a different version of reload
    sets. If they are at all available, I would be most grateful for a
    download link or direct email.

    Thanks in advance, Robert

+ Reply to Thread