Re: More CP/M Assembler Programming - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: More CP/M Assembler Programming - CP/M ; >Message-ID: Nate Brazil wrote: > Does anyone have any pointers or corrections on how I could have written > this in a more efficient manner? You could try reading other people's source to see what common layout and structure is ...

  1. Re: More CP/M Assembler Programming

    Nate Brazil wrote:
    > Does anyone have any pointers or corrections on how I could have written
    > this in a more efficient manner?

    You could try reading other people's source to see what common
    layout and structure is used - but beware of picking up bad
    habits.

    Have a look at:
    http://mdfs.net/Software/JSW/Docs/jsw48.asm
    http://mdfs.net/Software/Tube/Z80/Client.lst
    http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/BBCBasic/Host39.src
    http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Coding/RunCode
    http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Harston/Patch.src
    http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Mi...e/JGH/Info.src
    http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Mi...ft/ExtCat2.src
    http://mdfs.net/Software/CPM/Acorn/BIOS.src
    http://mdfs.net/Software/CPM/JGH/FREE.SRC
    http://mdfs.net/Software/CPM/Source

    I can't guarrantee that any of the above are best practice!

    --
    J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    BBC BASIC for Windows and Internationalisation

  2. Re: More CP/M Assembler Programming

    Jonathan Graham Harston wrote:
    > Nate Brazil wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone have any pointers or corrections on how I could have
    >> written this in a more efficient manner?

    > You could try reading other people's source to see what common
    > layout and structure is used - but beware of picking up bad habits.
    >
    > Have a look at:
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/JSW/Docs/jsw48.asm
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/Tube/Z80/Client.lst
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/BBCBasic/Host39.src
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Coding/RunCode
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Harston/Patch.src
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Mi...e/JGH/Info.src
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/Spectrum/Mi...ft/ExtCat2.src
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/CPM/Acorn/BIOS.src
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/CPM/JGH/FREE.SRC
    > http://mdfs.net/Software/CPM/Source
    >
    > I can't guarrantee that any of the above are best practice!

    You can also look at job15.mac, contained within:

    which is best practice (because I wrote it), and it remains
    intelligible to me even now, 20 years after its last revision. It
    is well structured assembly code.

    More details at:
    Also see

+ Reply to Thread