Sol-20 software on new cassettes on ebay - CP/M

This is a discussion on Sol-20 software on new cassettes on ebay - CP/M ; If you're interested: Item number: 8799191727...

  1. Sol-20 software on new cassettes on ebay

    If you're interested: Item number: 8799191727

  2. Re: Sol-20 software on new cassettes on ebay

    I think that most people would find having the audio on CD to be easier
    to use. Sure, it is less authentic, but more convenient. For one, you
    can randomly seek to programs if you record each program as a track.
    For two, CD's have a lot less problems with wow and flutter than dusty
    old cassette decks, so there will be fewer problems loading due to
    that. For three, it is kind of fun to have new technology serving old
    technology.

  3. Re: Sol-20 software on new cassettes on ebay

    Actually, as we discussed here years ago, I have converted almost all of
    the PT cassette software to Wave files and burned them to CDs. In fact,
    in about 2004 we got into an argument as to whether these would work if
    they were converted to MP3's, and I did it, and they did work (e.g. burn
    the MP3 files to a data CD, play them back in a portable CD player
    capable of playing MP3 CDs). I have been including these files as wave
    files on my $35 classic computer documentation DVD when requested, and
    sometimes even on a separate CD (data or audio). It does work and today
    it is more convenient.

    frustum@pacbell.net wrote:

    > I think that most people would find having the audio on CD to be easier
    > to use. Sure, it is less authentic, but more convenient. For one, you
    > can randomly seek to programs if you record each program as a track.
    > For two, CD's have a lot less problems with wow and flutter than dusty
    > old cassette decks, so there will be fewer problems loading due to
    > that. For three, it is kind of fun to have new technology serving old
    > technology.

+ Reply to Thread