Kaypro 4 $249.00!? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Kaypro 4 $249.00!? - CP/M ; A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

  1. Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for
    $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?


  2. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    wrote in message
    news:1136852489.488049.79840@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    >A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for
    > $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?


    I'd buy it in a minute if it had all the manuals and original disks!

    Tom Lake



  3. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?


    On 2006-01-09 puritan_2076@yahoo.com said:

    > A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer &
    > software for $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?


    Only from a n00b or a rube who doesn't know any better.

    Offer'em ten bucks.


  4. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    In article <1136852489.488049.79840@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    puritan_2076@yahoo.com wrote:

    > A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for
    > $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?


    We have a 'electronics store' here that has a C128 for that much.. I had
    to laugh as i left the store.

  5. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    ziggy wrote:
    > In article <1136852489.488049.79840@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    > puritan_2076@yahoo.com wrote:


    >> A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for
    >> $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?


    > We have a 'electronics store' here that has a C128 for that much.. I had
    > to laugh as i left the store.


    About five years ago, I found a Mac Plus for around $1400 in a pawn
    shop.


    --
    David Griffith
    dgriffi@cs.csbuak.edu <-- Switch the 'b' and 'u'

  6. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?


    Tom Lake wrote:
    > wrote in message
    > news:1136852489.488049.79840@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > >A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for
    > > $249.00. Do you think they'll get it?

    >
    > I'd buy it in a minute if it had all the manuals and original disks!
    >
    > Tom Lake


    It does. The store is called "Darn Near Everything" and is also for
    sale. (I guess they do sell everything! They do sell suff on the
    'net, but I don't have a link.

    Also look up RC Electronics. He has lots of 8- bit stuff going back to
    the '70's, including S-100, but it's not on the site so you'll have to
    call him and he's lazy so you'll have to nag him. (But please don't
    tell him I said that because I hav'nt got everything I want from him
    yet and I don't want to make him mad. And if anyone else buys the N*
    Hard disk stuff I will ...[self censored because the department of
    homeland insecurity has no sense of humor]... and I'll do that by
    *e-mail*!


  7. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    $249??? I got my Kaypro 10 for $10. Several other K2/K4's, all under $30.

    Jack


    puritan_2076@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Tom Lake wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in message
    >>news:1136852489.488049.79840@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    >>
    >>>A local second hand store has a Kaypro 4 with printer & software for
    >>>$249.00. Do you think they'll get it?

    >>
    >>I'd buy it in a minute if it had all the manuals and original disks!
    >>
    >>Tom Lake

    >
    >
    > It does. The store is called "Darn Near Everything" and is also for
    > sale. (I guess they do sell everything! They do sell suff on the
    > 'net, but I don't have a link.
    >
    > Also look up RC Electronics. He has lots of 8- bit stuff going back to
    > the '70's, including S-100, but it's not on the site so you'll have to
    > call him and he's lazy so you'll have to nag him. (But please don't
    > tell him I said that because I hav'nt got everything I want from him
    > yet and I don't want to make him mad. And if anyone else buys the N*
    > Hard disk stuff I will ...[self censored because the department of
    > homeland insecurity has no sense of humor]... and I'll do that by
    > *e-mail*!
    >


  8. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    "Jack Crenshaw" wrote in message
    news:gq6Af.980$Dk.421@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink .net...
    > $249??? I got my Kaypro 10 for $10. Several other K2/K4's, all under $30.


    Are you the author of the 16-part compiler writing tutorial, Jack Crenshaw?
    In any case I have to drive about 50 miles to get to the nearest mall and
    forget
    about flea markets or thrift stores! I have to go to Montreal to find those
    (90 miles)
    The only practical way for me to shop is online and so I have to pay
    whatever
    people want to charge.

    Tom Lake



  9. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    Tom Lake wrote:
    > "Jack Crenshaw" wrote in message
    > news:gq6Af.980$Dk.421@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink .net...
    >
    >>$249??? I got my Kaypro 10 for $10. Several other K2/K4's, all under $30.

    >
    >
    > Are you the author of the 16-part compiler writing tutorial, Jack Crenshaw?
    > In any case I have to drive about 50 miles to get to the nearest mall and
    > forget
    > about flea markets or thrift stores! I have to go to Montreal to find those
    > (90 miles)
    > The only practical way for me to shop is online and so I have to pay
    > whatever
    > people want to charge.
    >
    > Tom Lake
    >
    >

    Yep, that's me, Tom.

    Re the Kaypros: It's true, I got my K10 for $10 from a flea market
    seller. In fact, she was a friend, so sold it to me before she ever
    took it to the flea market. But I got all the others (8 total) on eBay.
    K2's and K4's are on there, pretty much 24/7.

    Incidentally, I wrote that tutorial series on a K4, which I still have.

    Jack

  10. Re: Kaypro 4 $249.00!?

    >> Are you the author of the 16-part compiler writing tutorial, Jack
    >> Crenshaw?
    >> In any case I have to drive about 50 miles to get to the nearest mall and
    >> forget
    >> about flea markets or thrift stores! I have to go to Montreal to find
    >> those (90 miles)
    >> The only practical way for me to shop is online and so I have to pay
    >> whatever
    >> people want to charge.


    > Yep, that's me, Tom.
    >
    > Re the Kaypros: It's true, I got my K10 for $10 from a flea market
    > seller. In fact, she was a friend, so sold it to me before she ever took
    > it to the flea market. But I got all the others (8 total) on eBay. K2's
    > and K4's are on there, pretty much 24/7.
    >
    > Incidentally, I wrote that tutorial series on a K4, which I still have.


    So are you ever going to finish the series? 8^)

    Tom Lake



+ Reply to Thread