How to repair and recover data from External Western digital 120gb usb 2.0 hdd - CP/M

This is a discussion on How to repair and recover data from External Western digital 120gb usb 2.0 hdd - CP/M ; I have a drive that I need help on recovering the data of of it. Sysmptoms: After it gets powered up it starts giving noise like a car stall where it powers and loses power for 3-4 times and then ...

  1. How to repair and recover data from External Western digital 120gb usb 2.0 hdd

    I have a drive that I need help on recovering the data of of it.
    Sysmptoms: After it gets powered up it starts giving noise like a car
    stall where it powers and loses power for 3-4 times and then it fails.
    After it fails the disk is not even recognised by bios even after I put
    the drive as an internal HDD.

    model# wd1200b008-rnnc

    Please help!

    Thank you

  2. Re: How to repair and recover data from External Western digital 120gb usb 2.0 hdd

    On 2006-03-12 jondogan@gmail.com said:

    > I have a drive that I need help on recovering the data of of it.
    > Sysmptoms: After it gets powered up it starts giving noise like a car
    > stall where it powers and loses power for 3-4 times and then it fails.
    > After it fails the disk is not even recognised by bios even after I put
    > the drive as an internal HDD.
    >
    > model# wd1200b008-rnnc
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > Thank you

    You're in deep doo-doo, son. Sounds like a problem with the
    bearings.

    Unfortunately, CP/M doesn't recognize USB ports, and it also
    doesn't support 120 gigabyte hard disks. So CP/M ain't gonna
    be of much help with your situation.

    Your next stop: a data recovery company. Bring your checkbook.

  3. Re: How to repair and recover data from External Western digital 120gb usb 2.0 hdd

    On 12 Mar 2006 22:58:09 -0800, jondogan@gmail.com wrote:

    >I have a drive that I need help on recovering the data of of it.
    >Sysmptoms: After it gets powered up it starts giving noise like a car
    >stall where it powers and loses power for 3-4 times and then it fails.
    >After it fails the disk is not even recognised by bios even after I put
    >the drive as an internal HDD.
    >
    >model# wd1200b008-rnnc
    >
    >Please help!
    >
    >Thank you

    Sounds like a head crash. Got Backup?

    CP/M with mods never got beyond 1gb. Wrong newsgroup!

    Allison

+ Reply to Thread