Re: Source for old Simtel20 shareware CDs? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Source for old Simtel20 shareware CDs? - CP/M ; Herb Johnson wrote: > > > On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:06:24 -0600, "John Crane" > > > wrote: > > > > > > >I've been looking for the old Simtel20 archives on CD. I remember Walnut > > ...

  1. Re: Source for old Simtel20 shareware CDs?

    Herb Johnson wrote:

    > > > Well, I just saw this post recently:
    > > >

    > > http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcfo...ghlight=simtel

    > That link is to a post which has a link to JDR Microdevices, to buy a
    > copy of a Simtel
    > archive *MS-DOS* CD, not the CP/M archives (which are of more interest
    > in comp.os.cpm). Also, JDR does not list the item on their online Web
    > site - maybe the link is dead.
    >
    > In any event, a Web search for "simtel CP/M" (or "simtel MS-DOS") seems
    > to find some online archives.
    >
    > Regarding the Walnut Creek CP/M CD, again a Web search will find copies
    > online. Also, i sell a copy of the CD via the link below.

    Is this what you are looking for?

    http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/cdrom/

    Bill H - www.ts1000.us

    > http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/s100.html#cdrom
    >
    > Simtel's archives were taken offline some years ago. This inquiry
    > caught my attentionb ecause I've updated my CP/M and S-100 Web links,
    > and I mention Simtel and Walnut Creek's CP/M CD on my links page:
    >
    > http://retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/s_point.html
    >
    > which will be updated in a day or two.
    >
    > Herb Johnson
    >
    > Herbert R. Johnson, voice 609-771-1503, New Jersey USA
    > web site
    > domain mirror
    > ** hjohnson@njcc.com and njcc.com/~hjohnson are EXPIRED **
    > my email address: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
    > if no reply, wait & try: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
    > "Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
    > S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"

  2. Re: Source for old Simtel20 shareware CDs?

    I think that this is the Walnut Creek CD-ROM, which while very useful,
    is not the same as the Simtel CD-ROM (although some software is present
    on both of them).

    Bill H wrote:

    > Is this what you are looking for?
    >
    > http://www.retroarchive.org/cpm/cdrom/