Schematic on CompuPro Disk-1A FDC - CP/M

This is a discussion on Schematic on CompuPro Disk-1A FDC - CP/M ; I have a S-100 bus CompuPro Disk-1 FDC that I would like to modify to use on 5-1/4" 360K drives. Right now, I have it connected to a 8" DS/DD drive and a 5-1/4" 1.2MB floppy. I also have a ...

  1. Schematic on CompuPro Disk-1A FDC

    I have a S-100 bus CompuPro Disk-1 FDC that I would like to modify
    to use on 5-1/4" 360K drives. Right now, I have it connected to a 8"
    DS/DD drive and a 5-1/4" 1.2MB floppy. I also have a Morrow MD-16
    computer that has a 360K floppy. My only way of transfering files
    between
    the two machines is to use the 22DISK program.

    I understand that the clock rate into the Intel 8272 FDC chip has to be
    cut in half to use the 360K drive. The Disk-1A is susposed to handle
    both data rates, and I was wondering how they did that.

    If anyone has a manual on the Disk-1A, I would appreciate it if they
    could make a scan of the schematic pages and E-Mail me a copy.
    Thanks....
    Old-Timer (John) jdgill at juno dot com

  2. Re: Schematic on CompuPro Disk-1A FDC

    On 6 Mar 2006 15:29:38 -0800, "Old-Timer" wrote:

    >I have a S-100 bus CompuPro Disk-1 FDC that I would like to modify
    >to use on 5-1/4" 360K drives. Right now, I have it connected to a 8"
    >DS/DD drive and a 5-1/4" 1.2MB floppy. I also have a Morrow MD-16
    >computer that has a 360K floppy. My only way of transfering files
    >between
    >the two machines is to use the 22DISK program.
    >
    >I understand that the clock rate into the Intel 8272 FDC chip has to be
    >cut in half to use the 360K drive. The Disk-1A is susposed to handle
    >both data rates, and I was wondering how they did that.

    It does, look at the drawings as it's fairly simple.

    >If anyone has a manual on the Disk-1A, I would appreciate it if they
    >could make a scan of the schematic pages and E-Mail me a copy.
    >Thanks....
    >Old-Timer (John) jdgill at juno dot com

    Go here: http://www.parse.com/~ddunfield/museum/s100c/index.htm
    scroll down and look for the Compupro section with the DISK-1A manual.
    Everything is there.

    FYI Compupro used a /2 to run the 765 at 5.25 rates. Not really hard
    just some switching on command to a control register.

    Allison

  3. Re: Schematic on CompuPro Disk-1A FDC

    Allison:
    Thanks for the link. I just downloaded
    the Disk-1A manual.
    Old-Timer

  4. Re: Schematic on CompuPro Disk-1A FDC

    On 7 Mar 2006 14:11:34 -0800, "Old-Timer" wrote:

    >Allison:
    >Thanks for the link. I just downloaded
    >the Disk-1A manual.
    >Old-Timer

    Any questions on programming the 765 I can help. I have a few of them
    too.

    Allison

+ Reply to Thread