C128 1572? - CP/M

This is a discussion on C128 1572? - CP/M ; I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette and saw an article on the then-new C128 that mentioned that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is ...

  1. C128 1572?

    I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette and saw an article on the then-new
    C128 that mentioned that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that
    ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is simplified.

    Tom Lake

  2. Re: C128 1572?

    >I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette
    >and saw an article on the then-new C128 that mentioned
    >that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that
    >ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is simplified.

    The answers you seek are here:
    http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/periph.html

    Scroll down a bit for informations on the '71 & '72.

    HTH,
    Tarkin

    P.S. I'm looking to acquire one of these bad boys (C128),
    for nostalgia (it was the second computer I ever owned),
    for the arcadey-aspects, and for CP/M, although, I must
    admit that I've found CP/M for the 128 a bit klunky on
    an emulator.

  3. Re: C128 1572?

    > >I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette
    >>and saw an article on the then-new C128 that mentioned
    >>that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that
    >>ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is simplified.

    > The answers you seek are here:
    > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/periph.html
    >
    > Scroll down a bit for informations on the '71 & '72.

    Thank you. I have been enlightened. Saddened, but enlightened.

    Tom Lake

  4. Re: C128 1572?

    If someone is looking for C128s, I have a friend who was a dealer for
    Commodore and has a storage container full of C128s, C64s, VIC20s and
    accessories. Everything still in the boxes. He currently lives in Texas,
    but the storage container is in Ridgecrest, CA. His name is Bill Kunz and
    his e-mail address is billkunz@hottmail.com (remove second t). He said I
    could post this and anyone can contact him by e-mail. He expects to be back
    out to Ridgecrest this spring sometime.

    Don

    "Tarkin" wrote in message
    news:1141695594.260380.158660@j52g2000cwj.googlegr oups.com...
    > >I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette
    >>and saw an article on the then-new C128 that mentioned
    >>that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that
    >>ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is simplified.

    > The answers you seek are here:
    > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/periph.html
    >
    > Scroll down a bit for informations on the '71 & '72.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Tarkin
    >
    > P.S. I'm looking to acquire one of these bad boys (C128),
    > for nostalgia (it was the second computer I ever owned),
    > for the arcadey-aspects, and for CP/M, although, I must
    > admit that I've found CP/M for the 128 a bit klunky on
    > an emulator.

  5. Re: C128 1572?

    Donald Harris wrote:

    >If someone is looking for C128s, I have a friend who was a dealer for
    >Commodore and has a storage container full of C128s, C64s, VIC20s and
    >accessories. Everything still in the boxes. He currently lives in Texas,
    >but the storage container is in Ridgecrest, CA. His name is Bill Kunz and
    >his e-mail address is billkunz@hottmail.com (remove second t). He said I
    >could post this and anyone can contact him by e-mail. He expects to be back
    >out to Ridgecrest this spring sometime.

    If one of you has the time to follow up on this, please post the
    info -- I am interested in combining an order with someone else in
    LA, OC, or San Diego. My email address i on my web page.

  6. Re: C128 1572?

    In article <1141695594.260380.158660@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups. com>,
    "Tarkin" wrote:

    > >I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette
    > >and saw an article on the then-new C128 that mentioned
    > >that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that
    > >ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is simplified.

    > The answers you seek are here:
    > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/periph.html
    >
    > Scroll down a bit for informations on the '71 & '72.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Tarkin
    >
    > P.S. I'm looking to acquire one of these bad boys (C128),
    > for nostalgia (it was the second computer I ever owned),
    > for the arcadey-aspects, and for CP/M, although, I must
    > admit that I've found CP/M for the 128 a bit klunky on
    > an emulator.

    C128s are always on ebay.. Not always clean ( damned plastic .. doesnt
    age well ) , but functional.

  7. Re: C128 1572?

    In article <4SiPf.38566$%I.27448@trnddc03>,
    "Donald Harris" wrote:

    > If someone is looking for C128s, I have a friend who was a dealer for
    > Commodore and has a storage container full of C128s, C64s, VIC20s and
    > accessories. Everything still in the boxes. He currently lives in Texas,
    > but the storage container is in Ridgecrest, CA. His name is Bill Kunz and
    > his e-mail address is billkunz@hottmail.com (remove second t). He said I
    > could post this and anyone can contact him by e-mail. He expects to be back
    > out to Ridgecrest this spring sometime.
    >
    > Don
    >

    > "Tarkin" wrote in message
    > news:1141695594.260380.158660@j52g2000cwj.googlegr oups.com...
    > > >I was looking through an old COMPUTE!s Gazette
    > >>and saw an article on the then-new C128 that mentioned
    > >>that there would be a 1572 dual disk drive available. Was that
    > >>ever produced? I like dual disk drives since backup is simplified.

    > > The answers you seek are here:
    > > http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ck...et/periph.html
    > >
    > > Scroll down a bit for informations on the '71 & '72.
    > >
    > > HTH,
    > > Tarkin
    > >
    > > P.S. I'm looking to acquire one of these bad boys (C128),
    > > for nostalgia (it was the second computer I ever owned),
    > > for the arcadey-aspects, and for CP/M, although, I must
    > > admit that I've found CP/M for the 128 a bit klunky on
    > > an emulator.

    Any of the lesser known CBMs? Like the +4, C16, 8xxx series, 232... etc..

+ Reply to Thread