Wireless switch disabled - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Wireless switch disabled - Connectivity ; The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP. the computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless switch and make ...

  1. Wireless switch disabled

    The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is
    disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP. the
    computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless switch and
    make sure it is enabled. I don't have a clue what the wireless switch is,
    or where it is located. I should mention my wireless connection is through
    a Linkys wireless router.

    --
    Richard K Mahan Sr

    "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

  2. Re: Wireless switch disabled

    Have you ever been able to connect your laptop to the Linksys router? In
    either event, reinstall the driver that came with the router...Should be on
    the CD under an XP folder (an *.inf file).

    Tom

    "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    > The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is
    > disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP.
    > the computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless switch
    > and make sure it is enabled. I don't have a clue what the wireless switch
    > is, or where it is located. I should mention my wireless connection is
    > through a Linkys wireless router.
    >
    > --
    > Richard K Mahan Sr
    >
    > "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

  3. Re: Wireless switch disabled

    I have been using my wireless router successfully for over a year without
    any problems and I am able to access the internet.
    the problem is that I cannot connect to the router from another computer on
    the network. I tried using the CD to reinstall the router but it just tells
    me that I am already connected to the internet through the router. I don't
    know what to try next.

    "Tom Benoit" wrote in message
    news:g69Mi.127740$pu2.39995@bignews1.bellsouth.net ...
    > Have you ever been able to connect your laptop to the Linksys router? In
    > either event, reinstall the driver that came with the router...Should be
    > on the CD under an XP folder (an *.inf file).
    >
    > Tom
    >
    > "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    >> The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is
    >> disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP.
    >> the computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless switch
    >> and make sure it is enabled. I don't have a clue what the wireless
    >> switch is, or where it is located. I should mention my wireless
    >> connection is through a Linkys wireless router.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Richard K Mahan Sr
    >>
    >> "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

  4. Re: Wireless switch disabled

    I am now withdrawing my post as after some reconfigurations of my router, I
    am now able to connect to the internet from my remote computer. I don't know
    how I did it but the end result was succesfull. thanks to all the forumn
    contributors.

    "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    news:7oGdnbvrT6yw0pzanZ2dnUVZ_oGjnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > I have been using my wireless router successfully for over a year without
    > any problems and I am able to access the internet.
    > the problem is that I cannot connect to the router from another computer
    > on the network. I tried using the CD to reinstall the router but it just
    > tells me that I am already connected to the internet through the router. I
    > don't know what to try next.
    >

    > "Tom Benoit" wrote in message
    > news:g69Mi.127740$pu2.39995@bignews1.bellsouth.net ...
    >> Have you ever been able to connect your laptop to the Linksys router? In
    >> either event, reinstall the driver that came with the router...Should be
    >> on the CD under an XP folder (an *.inf file).
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    >>> The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is
    >>> disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP.
    >>> the computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless
    >>> switch and make sure it is enabled. I don't have a clue what the
    >>> wireless switch is, or where it is located. I should mention my
    >>> wireless connection is through a Linkys wireless router.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Richard K Mahan Sr
    >>>
    >>> "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

  5. Re: Wireless switch disabled

    As I understand you, you are able to connect to the Internet from ALL
    computers connected to your Lynksys...You have a network which is most
    likely configured as a Workgroup (PeerToPeer) connected thru your router
    only (No other external hardware involved). Is this correct?
    When you say "I cannot connect to the router from another computer on the
    network." are you referring to your laptop and are you trying to say you
    can't access the files on the other computers in the network?

    Tom

    "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    news:7oGdnbvrT6yw0pzanZ2dnUVZ_oGjnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > I have been using my wireless router successfully for over a year without
    > any problems and I am able to access the internet.
    > the problem is that I cannot connect to the router from another computer
    > on the network. I tried using the CD to reinstall the router but it just
    > tells me that I am already connected to the internet through the router. I
    > don't know what to try next.
    >

    > "Tom Benoit" wrote in message
    > news:g69Mi.127740$pu2.39995@bignews1.bellsouth.net ...
    >> Have you ever been able to connect your laptop to the Linksys router? In
    >> either event, reinstall the driver that came with the router...Should be
    >> on the CD under an XP folder (an *.inf file).
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    >>> The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is
    >>> disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP.
    >>> the computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless
    >>> switch and make sure it is enabled. I don't have a clue what the
    >>> wireless switch is, or where it is located. I should mention my
    >>> wireless connection is through a Linkys wireless router.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Richard K Mahan Sr
    >>>
    >>> "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

  6. Re: Wireless switch disabled

    On Oct 1, 6:04 am, "Richard Mahan" wrote:
    > The wireless Icon in the system tray says that my wireless switch is
    > disabled. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and am running Windows XP. the
    > computer manual says to check for the location of the wireless switch and
    > make sure it is enabled. I don't have a clue what the wireless switch is,
    > or where it is located. I should mention my wireless connection is through
    > a Linkys wireless router.
    >
    > --
    > Richard K Mahan Sr
    >
    > "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

    Maybe try this. Go to
    Control Panel -- Network Connections --
    Look for the Wireless Connection
    RMB (Right Mouse Button) click