Cannot get all network computers to connect. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Cannot get all network computers to connect. - Connectivity ; All computers see the other computers but some fail to connect. A = Desktop with XP Pro. B = Desktop with XP Pro C = Laptop with Vista home premium. Wireless components are Linksys. Below are the results when I ...

  1. Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    All computers see the other computers but some fail to connect.

    A = Desktop with XP Pro.
    B = Desktop with XP Pro
    C = Laptop with Vista home premium.

    Wireless components are Linksys.

    Below are the results when I attempt to connect the computers. All
    errors begin with the below message and are followed with the second
    message below if they do not connect.

    \\**** is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    if you have access permissions.

    A to B: No errors. Connects fine.

    A to C: Network path not found.

    B to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

    B to C: Network path not found.

    C to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

    C to B: No errors. Connects fine.

    Can someone give me some tips on what to check, set or change?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:58:47 -0700, WJL wrote:
    >All computers see the other computers but some fail to connect.
    >
    >A = Desktop with XP Pro.
    >B = Desktop with XP Pro
    >C = Laptop with Vista home premium.
    >
    >Wireless components are Linksys.
    >
    >Below are the results when I attempt to connect the computers. All
    >errors begin with the below message and are followed with the second
    >message below if they do not connect.
    >
    >\\**** is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    >network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    >if you have access permissions.
    >
    >A to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >A to C: Network path not found.
    >B to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >B to C: Network path not found.
    >C to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >C to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >
    >Can someone give me some tips on what to check, set or change?

    Check the irpstacksize on all three systems, to begin with...

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167

    Fix that, and come back with whatever's left...

    /daytripper

  3. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    daytripper wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:58:47 -0700, WJL wrote:
    >
    >> All computers see the other computers but some fail to connect.
    >>
    >> A = Desktop with XP Pro.
    >> B = Desktop with XP Pro
    >> C = Laptop with Vista home premium.
    >>
    >> Wireless components are Linksys.
    >>
    >> Below are the results when I attempt to connect the computers. All
    >> errors begin with the below message and are followed with the second
    >> message below if they do not connect.
    >>
    >> \\**** is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    >> network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    >> if you have access permissions.
    >>
    >> A to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >> A to C: Network path not found.
    >> B to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >> B to C: Network path not found.
    >> C to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >> C to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >>
    >> Can someone give me some tips on what to check, set or change?
    >>

    > Check the irpstacksize on all three systems, to begin with...
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167
    >
    > Fix that, and come back with whatever's left...
    >
    > /daytripper

    The IRPStackSize is missing from all three systems. Does it need to be
    entered?

  4. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    > All computers see the other computers but some fail to connect.
    >
    > A = Desktop with XP Pro.
    > B = Desktop with XP Pro
    > C = Laptop with Vista home premium.
    >
    > Wireless components are Linksys.
    >
    > Below are the results when I attempt to connect the computers. All errors
    > begin with the below message and are followed with the second message
    > below if they do not connect.
    >

    > \\**** is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > you have access permissions.
    >
    > A to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >
    > A to C: Network path not found.
    >
    > B to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >
    > B to C: Network path not found.
    >
    > C to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >
    > C to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >

    > Can someone give me some tips on what to check, set or change?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I had a problem with many computers not being able to fully see each other.
    Turned out one computer had McAfee anti virus with firewall and was blocking
    windows network. When I configured McAfee to allow windows file sharing,
    everyone could see everyone.

  5. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:41:00 -0700, WJL wrote:

    >daytripper wrote:
    >> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:58:47 -0700, WJL wrote:
    >>
    >>> All computers see the other computers but some fail to connect.
    >>>
    >>> A = Desktop with XP Pro.
    >>> B = Desktop with XP Pro
    >>> C = Laptop with Vista home premium.
    >>>
    >>> Wireless components are Linksys.
    >>>
    >>> Below are the results when I attempt to connect the computers. All
    >>> errors begin with the below message and are followed with the second
    >>> message below if they do not connect.
    >>>
    >>> \\**** is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    >>> network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    >>> if you have access permissions.
    >>>
    >>> A to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >>> A to C: Network path not found.
    >>> B to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >>> B to C: Network path not found.
    >>> C to A: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.
    >>> C to B: No errors. Connects fine.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone give me some tips on what to check, set or change?
    >>>

    >> Check the irpstacksize on all three systems, to begin with...
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167
    >>
    >> Fix that, and come back with whatever's left...
    >>
    >> /daytripper
    >>

    >The IRPStackSize is missing from all three systems. Does it need to be
    >entered?

    You have to add it, if it's not there. And be persistent in setting it, start
    small and work upwards until it works.

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    Chuck [MVP] wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:41:00 -0700, WJL wrote:
    >

    >> daytripper wrote:

    >>> Check the irpstacksize on all three systems, to begin with...
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167
    >>>
    >>> Fix that, and come back with whatever's left...
    >>>
    >>> /daytripper
    >>>

    >> The IRPStackSize is missing from all three systems. Does it need to be
    >> entered?
    >>

    > You have to add it, if it's not there. And be persistent in setting it, start
    > small and work upwards until it works.
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html

    Added it to all systems and ran the value from min to max. No change.

  7. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    On Sep 29, 11:50 am, WJL wrote:
    > Chuck [MVP] wrote:

    > >> The IRPStackSize is missing from all three systems. Does it need to be
    > >> entered?

    > > You have to add it, if it's not there. And be persistent in setting it, start
    > > small and work upwards until it works.
    > >
    > >http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...ity-affected-b...

    > Added it to all systems and ran the value from min to max. No change.- Hide quoted text -

    http://www.chicagotech.net/pathnotfound.htm

    Click on "network path not found" in a workgroup network-error 53

  8. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:50:09 -0700, WJL wrote:

    >Chuck [MVP] wrote:

    >>> The IRPStackSize is missing from all three systems. Does it need to be
    >>> entered?
    >>>

    >> You have to add it, if it's not there. And be persistent in setting it, start
    >> small and work upwards until it works.
    >>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html
    >>

    >Added it to all systems and ran the value from min to max. No change.

    What's the exact text of the IRPStackSize key / value?

    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  9. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    Chuck [MVP] wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:50:09 -0700, WJL wrote:
    >

    >> Chuck [MVP] wrote:

    >>> You have to add it, if it's not there. And be persistent in setting it, start
    >>> small and work upwards until it works.
    >>>
    >>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html
    >>>

    >> Added it to all systems and ran the value from min to max. No change.
    >>

    > What's the exact text of the IRPStackSize key / value?
    >
    > http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html

    IRPStackSize REG_DWORD 0x0000000c (12)

  10. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:14:08 -0700, WJL wrote:

    >Chuck [MVP] wrote:

    >>> Added it to all systems and ran the value from min to max. No change.
    >>>

    >> What's the exact text of the IRPStackSize key / value?
    >>
    >> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html
    >>

    >IRPStackSize REG_DWORD 0x0000000c (12)

    Try again. Look at the exact Key Name (Path), in the registry. Precision
    counts.

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
    My email is AT DOT
    actual address pchuck mvps org.

  11. Re: Cannot get all network computers to connect.

    Chuck [MVP] wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:14:08 -0700, WJL wrote:
    >

    >> Chuck [MVP] wrote:

    >>> What's the exact text of the IRPStackSize key / value?
    >>>
    >>> http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...fected-by.html
    >>>

    >> IRPStackSize REG_DWORD 0x0000000c (12)
    >>

    > Try again. Look at the exact Key Name (Path), in the registry. Precision
    > counts.

    **HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Serv ices\LanmanServer\Parameters**

+ Reply to Thread