We have a Win NT 4.0 PDC and a Win NT 4.0 BDC.

We got a server - We are gonna get win 2k3,

We have an old domain NT 4.0. Call it OLDDOMAIN . I want to start a
new Domain, either Windoze 2K3 or Linux / Samba and slowly move people
over.

I want to start a new Domain on the nework, call it CORPORATE. I want
to move the users over to the new domain and of course the data to that
server.

When I get everyone moved over, I want to shut off the OLDDOMAIN PDC.

Is this a viable plan or am I barking up the wrong tree ???
We have a simple environment - under 100 PC's and we never did anyting
with Active Directory.

All our users are screwed up on the NT machine - when people would leave
the company they would just disable the account, so we don't want to
bring over these dead accounts -we want to create the good ones on the
new machine.

In NT if you retire a use you could never use it again, so when John
Jones left the company and we retired the account, when we hired Tom
Jones, we could not create another user named jones. All screwed up but
I want to fix it.

Any ideas or advice would be welcome.