Straight through cross over cables - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Straight through cross over cables - Connectivity ; Can anybody please enlighten me as to the differance between the cross over cable and a straight through, do they serve a different purpose?...

  1. Straight through cross over cables

    Can anybody please enlighten me as to the differance between the cross over
    cable and a straight through, do they serve a different purpose?

  2. Re: Straight through cross over cables

    A straight through cable is used for connecting from a cable receiver to
    a router. A crossover cable, has the send and receive lines reversed, is
    used for a direct cable connection between 2 computers, for instance.

    "Allan Inches" wrote in message
    > Can anybody please enlighten me as to the differance between the cross
    > over cable and a straight through, do they serve a different purpose?

+ Reply to Thread