Printer Sharing - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Printer Sharing - Connectivity ; I have 2 computers networked with a D-Link router. One is running Windows XP Professional, the other Vista. I'd like to be able to print to the printer attached to the XP machine from the Vista computer. The workgroup name ...

  1. Printer Sharing

    I have 2 computers networked with a D-Link router. One is running
    Windows XP Professional, the other Vista. I'd like to be able to print
    to the printer attached to the XP machine from the Vista computer. The
    workgroup name on both machines is identical and the printer in question
    is shared. The Vista machine can see the XP machine but not access it
    (am prompted for a username and password) but the XP machine cannot see
    the Vista machine. I've tried the network setup wizard in XP several
    times to no avail using various options. Any help with this is greatly
    appreciated. Thanks.

    Chris

  2. Re: Printer Sharing

    On May 25, 10:57 am, Christopher Hume wrote:
    > I have 2 computers networked with a D-Link router. One is running
    > Windows XP Professional, the other Vista. I'd like to be able to print
    > to the printer attached to the XP machine from the Vista computer. The
    > workgroup name on both machines is identical and the printer in question
    > is shared. The Vista machine can see the XP machine but not access it
    > (am prompted for a username and password) but the XP machine cannot see
    > the Vista machine. I've tried the network setup wizard in XP several
    > times to no avail using various options. Any help with this is greatly
    > appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Chris

    try this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...utt_july2.mspx

+ Reply to Thread