ip=169.xxx.xxx.xxx - Connectivity

This is a discussion on ip=169.xxx.xxx.xxx - Connectivity ; HP laptop WinXP links to router via CAT5 or WIFI, but does not receive an ip from the router (dynamic ip). Link lights are on. Several other systems, (xp and 2k and 98se) have connectivity. Yes, have checked cable, switch ...

  1. ip=169.xxx.xxx.xxx

    HP laptop WinXP links to router via CAT5 or WIFI, but does not
    receive an ip from the router (dynamic ip). Link lights are
    on. Several other systems, (xp and 2k and 98se) have
    connectivity.
    Yes, have checked cable, switch port, client and tcp/ip for
    both links. Wifi can receive a signal from the router and it
    can see adjoining offices in the wifi list.
    Setting fixed ip is no-joy.
    With and without Zonealarm.
    I would suspect the adapter but CAT5 and WIFI ??????
    Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

  2. Re: ip=169.xxx.xxx.xxx

    Have you checked the DHCP is enabled on the router? If not, find out the
    router's default IP/Username/Password, set your laptop to an IP on the same
    subnet, access the routers admin panel and setup DHCP.

    Hope that helps!

    Cheers, @sh

    "Xenon" wrote in message
    news:zcCdnTCK8ICDJqfbnZ2dnUVZ_uSgnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > HP laptop WinXP links to router via CAT5 or WIFI, but does not
    > receive an ip from the router (dynamic ip). Link lights are
    > on. Several other systems, (xp and 2k and 98se) have
    > connectivity.
    > Yes, have checked cable, switch port, client and tcp/ip for
    > both links. Wifi can receive a signal from the router and it
    > can see adjoining offices in the wifi list.
    > Setting fixed ip is no-joy.
    > With and without Zonealarm.
    > I would suspect the adapter but CAT5 and WIFI ??????
    > Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread