Home / Work - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Home / Work - Connectivity ; Hi group. Can anyone tell me how I access the network at my office from home ? I am the system administrator and have full access to the router settings. Thanks....

  1. Home / Work

    Hi group.
    Can anyone tell me how I access the network at my office from home ? I am
    the system administrator and have full access to the router settings.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Home / Work

    What router are you using? Does it have VPN dialin capabilities? What
    network servers do you have inhouse at the office?

    Cheers, @sh

    "Andy" wrote in message
    > Hi group.
    > Can anyone tell me how I access the network at my office from home ? I am
    > the system administrator and have full access to the router settings.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Home / Work

    Hi @sh.

    Work has an epicrouter and home is a d-link..

    I have seen something about vpn.

    Hope that helps.

    Andy.

    "@sh" wrote in message
    > What router are you using? Does it have VPN dialin capabilities? What
    > network servers do you have inhouse at the office?
    >
    > Cheers, @sh
    >

    > "Andy" wrote in message
    >> Hi group.
    >> Can anyone tell me how I access the network at my office from home ? I
    >> am the system administrator and have full access to the router settings.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

  4. Re: Home / Work

    To connect to your workplace, your work router will need VPN capabilities,
    an alternative is something like www.logmein.com which we use, very robust
    and quick but doesn't give you network access direct from your home PC, but
    you can access networked drives via the remote access that LogMeIn gives
    you!

    Hope that makes sense...

    Cheers, @sh

    "Andy" wrote in message
    > Hi @sh.
    >
    > Work has an epicrouter and home is a d-link..
    >
    > I have seen something about vpn.
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > Andy.
    >
    > "@sh" wrote in message
    >> What router are you using? Does it have VPN dialin capabilities? What
    >> network servers do you have inhouse at the office?
    >>
    >> Cheers, @sh
    >>

    >> "Andy" wrote in message
    >>> Hi group.
    >>> Can anyone tell me how I access the network at my office from home ? I
    >>> am the system administrator and have full access to the router settings.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread