I'm in need of some network help - Connectivity

This is a discussion on I'm in need of some network help - Connectivity ; I need some network/internet connections sharing help. I have a wirless network with a laptop and a PC. They both have wireless cards installed. The PC can connect to the internet and see the laptop on the network. The laptop ...

  1. I'm in need of some network help

    I need some network/internet connections sharing help. I have a
    wirless network with a laptop and a PC. They both have wireless cards
    installed. The PC can connect to the internet and see the laptop on the
    network. The laptop can see the PC on the network and can not
    connect to the internet at all even when it sees the PC on the netwok. I
    manually set up the ip address on the laptop and it still doesn't work. I
    had the laptop get the ip address automatically and it still can not connect
    to the internet. I've run the network wizard about 482 times on both
    systems still getting the same result. I can ping the laptop from the PC.
    All firewalls are off and still the same results. The PC connects to the
    internet and network the laptop can see the PC but not connect to the
    internet.

    I have a linksys wireless router
    Linksys cable modem
    Wireless nic in the PC and laptop

    Could someone out there help me out?

    thanks
    Jami

  2. Re: I'm in need of some network help

    On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:23:55 -0700, "Jami"
    wrote:

    > I need some network/internet connections sharing help. I have a
    >wirless network with a laptop and a PC. They both have wireless cards
    >installed. The PC can connect to the internet and see the laptop on the
    >network. The laptop can see the PC on the network and can not
    >connect to the internet at all even when it sees the PC on the netwok. I
    >manually set up the ip address on the laptop and it still doesn't work. I
    >had the laptop get the ip address automatically and it still can not connect
    >to the internet. I've run the network wizard about 482 times on both
    >systems still getting the same result. I can ping the laptop from the PC.
    >All firewalls are off and still the same results. The PC connects to the
    >internet and network the laptop can see the PC but not connect to the
    >internet.
    >
    >I have a linksys wireless router
    >Linksys cable modem
    >Wireless nic in the PC and laptop
    >

    >Could someone out there help me out?

    I presume both machines are in the same Workgroup?

    B.N.
    --

    to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

  3. Re: I'm in need of some network help

    Try removing the Default Gateway IP address that you've inserted into the PC
    that can't get onto the internet, If that fails put it back in and then
    configure some manual Primary/Secondary DNS servers, again on the PC that
    can't see the internet.

    Other consideration, check in Administrative Tools -> Services - ensure that
    your DNS Client service is running, not stopped or disabled.

    Cheers, @sh

    wrote in message
    > On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:23:55 -0700, "Jami"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I need some network/internet connections sharing help. I have a
    >>wirless network with a laptop and a PC. They both have wireless cards
    >>installed. The PC can connect to the internet and see the laptop on the
    >>network. The laptop can see the PC on the network and can not
    >>connect to the internet at all even when it sees the PC on the netwok. I
    >>manually set up the ip address on the laptop and it still doesn't work. I
    >>had the laptop get the ip address automatically and it still can not
    >>connect
    >>to the internet. I've run the network wizard about 482 times on both
    >>systems still getting the same result. I can ping the laptop from the PC.
    >>All firewalls are off and still the same results. The PC connects to the
    >>internet and network the laptop can see the PC but not connect to the
    >>internet.
    >>
    >>I have a linksys wireless router
    >>Linksys cable modem
    >>Wireless nic in the PC and laptop
    >>

    >>Could someone out there help me out?

    > I presume both machines are in the same Workgroup?
    >
    > B.N.
    > --
    >
    > to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

+ Reply to Thread