wireless connection - Connectivity

This is a discussion on wireless connection - Connectivity ; I have a friend who has a Gateway laptop with XP installed. She cannot make a wireless connection at a library or any of the cafes. How do she begin to solve this problem? Thanks, CJ...

  1. wireless connection

    I have a friend who has a Gateway laptop with XP installed. She cannot make
    a wireless connection at a library or any of the cafes. How do she begin to
    solve this problem?

    Thanks,
    CJ

  2. Re: wireless connection

    Some laptops disable their wireless connection when unplugged or suffering
    from low battery power, double check that AND also that wireless is enabled.
    Some laptops have a wireless switch to turn it on/off, saving battery power.

    Cheers, @sh

    "C J" wrote in message
    >I have a friend who has a Gateway laptop with XP installed. She cannot
    >make a wireless connection at a library or any of the cafes. How do she
    >begin to solve this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > CJ

  3. Re: wireless connection

    Thanks for your reply.
    C J
    "@sh" wrote in message
    > Some laptops disable their wireless connection when unplugged or suffering
    > from low battery power, double check that AND also that wireless is
    > enabled. Some laptops have a wireless switch to turn it on/off, saving
    > battery power.
    >
    > Cheers, @sh
    >
    > "C J" wrote in message
    >>I have a friend who has a Gateway laptop with XP installed. She cannot
    >>make a wireless connection at a library or any of the cafes. How do she
    >>begin to solve this problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> CJ

  4. Re: wireless connection

    You can also press Fn and f2 together. This turns on and off the wireless
    connection.

    "C J" wrote in message
    news:suGdncjueMUzxyLbnZ2dnUVZ_tmhnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > C J
    > "@sh" wrote in message
    >> Some laptops disable their wireless connection when unplugged or
    >> suffering from low battery power, double check that AND also that
    >> wireless is enabled. Some laptops have a wireless switch to turn it
    >> on/off, saving battery power.
    >>
    >> Cheers, @sh
    >>
    >> "C J" wrote in message
    >>>I have a friend who has a Gateway laptop with XP installed. She cannot
    >>>make a wireless connection at a library or any of the cafes. How do she
    >>>begin to solve this problem?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> CJ

+ Reply to Thread