Networking with crosslink cable - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Networking with crosslink cable - Connectivity ; I have numerous problems connecting two PC's using crosslink cable. Sometimes it works, sometimes - not. Cant find the rule. Some advices would be nice....

  1. Networking with crosslink cable

    I have numerous problems connecting two PC's using crosslink cable.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes - not. Cant find the rule. Some advices
    would be nice.

  2. Re: Networking with crosslink cable

    Have you assigned static IP addresses to each computer? I seem to recall
    that was important when I messed around with a null cable and you don't have
    a dhcp server.

    Windows internet connection sharing might be another option, but I've never
    tried it.

    /icebiker

    --

    "Miske" wrote in message
    news:1175210781.040020.24360@d57g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    >I have numerous problems connecting two PC's using crosslink cable.
    > Sometimes it works, sometimes - not. Cant find the rule. Some advices
    > would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread