Linksys BEFW11S4 as a gateway? - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Linksys BEFW11S4 as a gateway? - Connectivity ; I had Verizon FiOS installed last Friday. The router they installed uses DHCP. I want to put my Linksys BEFW11S4 router on one of the Verizon lines as a wireless & wired access point. I don't want the Linksys to ...

  1. Linksys BEFW11S4 as a gateway?

    I had Verizon FiOS installed last Friday. The router they installed uses
    DHCP. I want to put my Linksys BEFW11S4 router on one of the Verizon lines
    as a wireless & wired access point.

    I don't want the Linksys to work as a router... I want all my devices on
    the same network. How do I set up the Linksys to act as a (dumb) wireless
    access point and switch... as a connection 'passthrough' for the Verizon
    router?

    The linksys router:
    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...ldpagename=US%
    2FLayout&cid=1115416826220&packedargs=site%3DUS&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%
    2FVisitorWrapper

    Thanks for any advice.
    Pat
    silver_surfer15 AT yahoo.com

  2. Re: Linksys BEFW11S4 as a gateway?

    Let me rephrase my original question.

    Verizon installed a router in my home which uses DHCP. I wonder if I
    can "dumb down" my Linksys BEFW11S4 to act as a wired and wireless
    access point when it's plugged into the Verizon router.

    Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Pat

    homerjay wrote in

    > I had Verizon FiOS installed last Friday. The router they installed
    > uses DHCP. I want to put my Linksys BEFW11S4 router on one of the
    > Verizon lines as a wireless & wired access point.
    >
    > I don't want the Linksys to work as a router... I want all my devices
    > on the same network. How do I set up the Linksys to act as a (dumb)
    > wireless access point and switch... as a connection 'passthrough' for
    > the Verizon router?
    >
    > The linksys router:
    > http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2

    &childpagename=U
    > S%
    > 2FLayout&cid=1115416826220&packedargs=site%3DUS&pagename=Linksys%

    2FComm
    > on% 2FVisitorWrapper
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    > Pat