how do i enable sharing on pc for all drives, etc - Connectivity

This is a discussion on how do i enable sharing on pc for all drives, etc - Connectivity ; i have windows xp pro sp2 all updates etc. how do i share all drives, all files, all folders without having to log in? i want to share my entire pc for myself on my lan and don't want to ...

  1. how do i enable sharing on pc for all drives, etc

    i have windows xp pro sp2 all updates etc. how do i share all drives, all
    files, all folders without having to log in? i want to share my entire pc
    for myself on my lan and don't want to log in at all. i want the c drive
    shared, the system folder etc. Every single thing. i don't wanna have to log
    in anywhere. if this is not possible can you set it uip so you don'tneed a
    password but you can log in with username only? i am the admin too.

    the pc will be connected from another pc that is also winxp and my xbox via
    xbox media center. each pc has different user accounts. i don't want to log
    in at all on either. i connect from xbox to stream music and movies, but it
    always asks for log in. it does this for each pc, each folder etc. i don't
    want that. and i don't know how to save the log in in xbox media center
    media player thing so it won't ask me anymore on either pc.

    I'd be so eternally grateful to any help.

  2. Re: how do i enable sharing on pc for all drives, etc

    im not an expert on XP, im more of a 2000 user,
    but since no one answered your question,
    ill try.

    try and right click on the C: drive if you see something that says
    sharing click it.
    if not, hit properties, and then the sharing tab.
    should be pretty easy from there.

    caution though,
    this leaves your computer visible to the hackers.
    make sure you have a good firewall

    hope this helps

    Computers By Brad

    On Jan 9, 3:43 pm, "Buggs1a" wrote:
    > i have windows xp pro sp2 all updates etc. how do i share all drives, all
    > files, all folders without having to log in? i want to share my entire pc
    > for myself on my lan and don't want to log in at all. i want the c drive
    > shared, the system folder etc. Every single thing. i don't wanna have to log
    > in anywhere. if this is not possible can you set it uip so you don'tneed a
    > password but you can log in with username only? i am the admin too.
    >
    > the pc will be connected from another pc that is also winxp and my xbox via
    > xbox media center. each pc has different user accounts. i don't want to log
    > in at all on either. i connect from xbox to stream music and movies, but it
    > always asks for log in. it does this for each pc, each folder etc. i don't
    > want that. and i don't know how to save the log in in xbox media center
    > media player thing so it won't ask me anymore on either pc.
    >
    > I'd be so eternally grateful to any help.

  3. Re: how do i enable sharing on pc for all drives, etc

    On Feb 3, 6:08 pm, "911review.org" wrote:
    > im not an expert on XP, im more of a 2000 user,
    > but since no one answered your question,
    > ill try.
    >
    > try and right click on the C: drive if you see something that says
    > sharing click it.
    > if not, hit properties, and then the sharing tab.
    > should be pretty easy from there.
    >
    > caution though,
    > this leaves your computer visible to the hackers.
    > make sure you have a good firewall
    >
    > hope this helps
    >
    > Computers By Brad

    > On Jan 9, 3:43 pm, "Buggs1a" wrote:
    >

    > > i have windows xp pro sp2 all updates etc. how do i share all drives, all
    > > files, all folders without having to log in? i want to share my entire pc
    > > for myself on my lan and don't want to log in at all. i want the c drive
    > > shared, the system folder etc. Every single thing. i don't wanna have to log
    > > in anywhere. if this is not possible can you set it uip so you don'tneed a
    > > password but you can log in with username only? i am the admin too.

    > > the pc will be connected from another pc that is also winxp and my xbox via
    > > xbox media center. each pc has different user accounts. i don't want to log
    > > in at all on either. i connect from xbox to stream music and movies, but it
    > > always asks for log in. it does this for each pc, each folder etc. i don't
    > > want that. and i don't know how to save the log in in xbox media center
    > > media player thing so it won't ask me anymore on either pc.

    > > I'd be so eternally grateful to any help.- Hide quoted text -

    Have you tried doing this:

    D:\qs\license>ipconfig /flushdns

    Windows IP Configuration

    Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

+ Reply to Thread