Hello all
My Toshiba laptop has an integrated Intel Pro 100 VE adapter. I want to use
it as a print and file server so only want it to come out of standby on
demand. I have therefore configured this for wakeup on lan and have set it
for both directed and magic packets. If I set it to standby, it wakes fine
when I send it a magic packet but not when I send it other network traffic
(if I ping it for example or attempt to access it using the net commands) so
I know that the BIOS wake on lan setting is correct and also that the
adapter has power whilst in standby. I've tried both the Toshiba and the
latest Intel drivers with all variations of the appropriate parameters but
simply cannot get this to work. Has anybody else tried anything similar ??

Regards

Mark