Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. - Connectivity ; I have Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. I just reinstalled WinME from the CD and everything Came Back OK But Still can't see the Network. It used to work and just went away after an ADWARE ...

  1. Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    I have Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. I just reinstalled
    WinME from the CD and everything Came Back OK But Still can't see the
    Network. It used to work and just went away after an ADWARE FIX
    Tried re-installing TCP/IP didn't help
    Any Suggestions or is there another Group I need to post
    Bob

  2. Re: Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > I have Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. I just reinstalled
    > WinME from the CD and everything Came Back OK But Still can't see the
    > Network. It used to work and just went away after an ADWARE FIX
    > Tried re-installing TCP/IP didn't help
    > Any Suggestions or is there another Group I need to post
    > Bob

    You may try this utility and web site.

    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257

    Danny,

  3. Re: Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    Danny Kile wrote:
    > Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    >> I have Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. I just
    >> reinstalled WinME from the CD and everything Came Back OK But Still
    >> can't see the Network. It used to work and just went away after an
    >> ADWARE FIX
    >> Tried re-installing TCP/IP didn't help
    >> Any Suggestions or is there another Group I need to post
    >> Bob

    > You may try this utility and web site.
    > http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
    > Danny,

    *WinsockFix.exe
    Been There; Did That; No Help. I Re-loaded My WinME that replaced
    Winsock & WSock32 but only benefit is that two of my Other Machines can
    now see the ME But Won't access but Still no PING
    Got to be something blocking.
    I am Running a DUAL Boot System with ME & XP SP1. If I boot to XP then
    all is OK. Same Machine same NIC.
    Tried reinstalling NIC on ME What A Bear
    ??????????????????
    Booby
    *

  4. Re: Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > Danny Kile wrote:
    >> Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    >>> I have Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. I just
    >>> reinstalled WinME from the CD and everything Came Back OK But Still
    >>> can't see the Network. It used to work and just went away after an
    >>> ADWARE FIX
    >>> Tried re-installing TCP/IP didn't help
    >>> Any Suggestions or is there another Group I need to post
    >>> Bob

    >> You may try this utility and web site.
    >> http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
    >> Danny,

    > *WinsockFix.exe
    > Been There; Did That; No Help. I Re-loaded My WinME that replaced
    > Winsock & WSock32 but only benefit is that two of my Other Machines can
    > now see the ME But Won't access but Still no PING
    > Got to be something blocking.
    > I am Running a DUAL Boot System with ME & XP SP1. If I boot to XP then
    > all is OK. Same Machine same NIC.
    > Tried reinstalling NIC on ME What A Bear
    > ??????????????????
    > Booby
    > *

    Sounds like firewall software blocking it, turn off the firewall and try.

    Danny,

  5. Re: Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    Danny Kile wrote:
    > Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    >> Danny Kile wrote:
    >>> You may try this utility and web site.
    >>> http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
    >>> Danny,

    >> *WinsockFix.exe
    >> Been There; Did That; No Help. I Re-loaded My WinME that replaced
    >> Winsock & WSock32 but only benefit is that two of my Other Machines
    >> can now see the ME But Won't access but Still no PING
    >> Got to be something blocking.
    >> I am Running a DUAL Boot System with ME & XP SP1. If I boot to XP
    >> then all is OK. Same Machine same NIC.
    >> Tried reinstalling NIC on ME What A Bear

    > Sounds like firewall software blocking it, turn off the firewall and try.
    > Danny,

    The Firewall is Off

  6. Re: Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > Danny Kile wrote:
    >> Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    >>> I have Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME. I just
    >>> reinstalled WinME from the CD and everything Came Back OK But Still
    >>> can't see the Network. It used to work and just went away after an
    >>> ADWARE FIX
    >>> Tried re-installing TCP/IP didn't help

    I am running a DUAL Boot Dell L1000R W/XP Prof SP1 and WinMe. with two
    5 port 3COM Home Connect HUBS connected by a Crossover Cable Win98's are
    using 3c450 NIC's the others are using other cards. The Dell has a
    Belkin NIC running as a RTL8139(A) W/Driver for 8139-810x Maybe I need
    to find a ROUTER. I lost my Access to my Network But Strangely enough
    when I boot up to XP everything works as it should. I can PING
    192.168.0.1 from the ME {sees itself] but it won't ping others on net.
    It was working but just went away. Checked Conputer Name IP setup all
    looks OK But something is blocking the IP address from being seen on the
    Network Just ran NETSCAN from my W98SEATX machine. Sees other 4
    Computers but not 192.168.0.1; DITTO on others I tried rerunning Network
    setup didn't help. Strangely tho My QUADRA running DAVE 2.5.1 sees the
    win me but can't access The Quadra won't ping but the Puter name
    "BOBSWINME" appears in the DAVE MSHOME list. It wasn't there when I was
    booted up to XP on the DELL
    I re-Loaded WinMe without losing anything but that didn't HELP
    Other Computers on the Network still see BOBSWINME But say it is "Not
    Accessible"
    1/3/2007
    I swapped out the Network Card for a 3C905TX which intalled just fine in
    WinME and XP. XP still works OK on the Network But WinME still doesn't
    work completely. My Other Computers see the Computer Name but still Says
    "Not Accessible"
    Must be a Corrupted Stack or something. I deleted all the PWL files in
    ME and Re-signed on But didn't help
    Can I revert to Windows 2000 Server or Upgrade to Win 2003 Server ????
    with out losing my other software.

  7. Re: Lost My Ability to Ping Network on My WinME.

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    >> Danny Kile wrote:

    > I am running a DUAL Boot Dell L1000R W/XP Prof SP1 and WinMe. with two
    > 5 port 3COM Home Connect HUBS connected by a Crossover Cable Win98's
    > are using 3c450 NIC's the others are using other cards. The Dell has a
    > Belkin NIC running as a RTL8139(A) W/Driver for 8139-810x Maybe I need
    > to find a ROUTER. I lost my Access to my Network But Strangely enough
    > when I boot up to XP everything works as it should. I can PING
    > 192.168.0.1 from the ME {sees itself] but it won't ping others on net.
    > It was working but just went away. Checked Conputer Name IP setup all
    > looks OK But something is blocking the IP address from being seen on
    > the Network Just ran NETSCAN from my W98SEATX machine. Sees other 4
    > Computers but not 192.168.0.1; DITTO on others I tried rerunning
    > Network setup didn't help. Strangely tho My QUADRA running DAVE 2.5.1
    > sees the win me but can't access The Quadra won't ping but the Puter
    > name "BOBSWINME" appears in the DAVE MSHOME list. It wasn't there when
    > I was booted up to XP on the DELL
    > I re-Loaded WinMe without losing anything but that didn't HELP
    > Other Computers on the Network still see BOBSWINME But say it is "Not
    > Accessible"
    > 1/3/2007
    > I swapped out the Network Card for a 3C905TX which intalled just fine
    > in WinME and XP. XP still works OK on the Network But WinME still
    > doesn't work completely. My Other Computers see the Computer Name but
    > still Says "Not Accessible"
    > Must be a Corrupted Stack or something. I deleted all the PWL files in
    > ME and Re-signed on But didn't help
    > Can I revert to Windows 2000 Server or Upgrade to Win 2003 Server ????
    > with out losing my other software.

    GOT IT Working. Had to backup to My Original Save. Ir saw the New
    3COM905TX and Installed it then when I rebooted the Network was Back.
    Now I have to clone a New Backup and Move On
    Thnaks to all who responded

+ Reply to Thread