noobie question - Connectivity

This is a discussion on noobie question - Connectivity ; can anyone recommend a good site that will explain wifi and wired networking in basic terms. i bought a linksys wrt54gs and wusb54gs package for my two pcs at home but cannot get them to see each other. i can ...

  1. noobie question

    can anyone recommend a good site that will explain wifi and wired networking
    in basic terms.
    i bought a linksys wrt54gs and wusb54gs package for my two pcs at home but
    cannot get them to see each other.
    i can connect via CAT5 cables but wirelessly i cant. the USB device will
    see a lot of networks in the area but not the one upstairs running at 54mbs.
    it's very frustrating to connect to a wifi network at 1mbs and access their
    ADSL but not mine. I once got it to see the router but it kept
    disconnecting and reconnecting to the poor signal network.
    where do i find the info/help i need. Router was tried on a mates network
    and he says its fine on his.
    TIA

    Rob

  2. Re: noobie question

    http://compnetworking.about.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ess_secure.htm

    Robin Gordon wrote:
    > can anyone recommend a good site that will explain wifi and wired networking
    > in basic terms.
    > i bought a linksys wrt54gs and wusb54gs package for my two pcs at home but
    > cannot get them to see each other.
    > i can connect via CAT5 cables but wirelessly i cant. the USB device will
    > see a lot of networks in the area but not the one upstairs running at 54mbs.
    > it's very frustrating to connect to a wifi network at 1mbs and access their
    > ADSL but not mine. I once got it to see the router but it kept
    > disconnecting and reconnecting to the poor signal network.
    > where do i find the info/help i need. Router was tried on a mates network
    > and he says its fine on his.
    > TIA
    >
    > Rob

+ Reply to Thread