Sony Vaio Network Connection Question - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Sony Vaio Network Connection Question - Connectivity ; Hi All My Sony Vaio has a 'LAN Express IEEE 802.11g miniPCI adapter' - can this work well with say, Netgear's ADSL wireless router or do I need alternative wireless receiver/connection? Cheers...

  1. Sony Vaio Network Connection Question

    Hi All
    My Sony Vaio has a 'LAN Express IEEE 802.11g miniPCI adapter' - can this
    work well with say, Netgear's ADSL wireless router or do I need alternative
    wireless receiver/connection?
    Cheers

  2. Re: Sony Vaio Network Connection Question

    "george" wrote in message
    > Hi All
    > My Sony Vaio has a 'LAN Express IEEE 802.11g miniPCI adapter' - can this
    > work well with say, Netgear's ADSL wireless router or do I need
    > alternative wireless receiver/connection?
    > Cheers

    This should work just fine, assuming your ADSL wireless router is 802.11g
    -Chris

  3. Re: Sony Vaio Network Connection Question

    "george" wrote in message
    > Hi All
    > My Sony Vaio has a 'LAN Express IEEE 802.11g miniPCI adapter' - can this
    > work well with say, Netgear's ADSL wireless router or do I need
    > alternative wireless receiver/connection?
    > Cheers

    Sorry hit submit a little too fast. It will work even if your router isn't
    802.11g. At 802.11g you will merely get the improved connection rate. If
    it is 802.11b it will connect, but at only 11Mb
    -Chris

+ Reply to Thread