Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords. - Connectivity ; Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords. I have several Computers on my Home Network I have a XP that I use to fix Drives but it won't see the Other Computers on the Network and ...

  1. Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords.

    Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords.
    I have several Computers on my Home Network
    I have a XP that I use to fix Drives but it won't see the Other
    Computers on the Network and Vice-Versa
    My WinME sees the other Computers
    And all the W98SE ones see the Me but not this XP

  2. Re: Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords.

    Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords.
    > I have several Computers on my Home Network
    > I have a XP that I use to fix Drives but it won't see the Other
    > Computers on the Network and Vice-Versa
    > My WinME sees the other Computers
    > And all the W98SE ones see the Me but not this XP

    Problem Partially Solved. Had a BAD Network Card. Swapped now can get
    files from Win ME But Win ME says
    Need Permission on Win XP
    TIA
    Bob

  3. Re: Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords.

    Dear Robert,

    If you want to blank password in win xp you need to the following

    Go to Start-Run-gpedit.msc
    In computer configuration select windows settings with in that
    security settings and then account policy and password policy
    now change the following things

    Minimum password length- 0
    Password must meet complexity requirement - Disable

    Restart your computer and try.

    Regards

    Anoop

    On Nov 2, 11:01 pm, "Robert J. Stevens" wrote:
    > Robert J. Stevens wrote:
    > > Does anyone know how to tell XP to accept BLANK Passwords.
    > > I have several Computers on my Home Network
    > > I have a XP that I use to fix Drives but it won't see the Other
    > > Computers on the Network and Vice-Versa
    > > My WinME sees the other Computers
    > > And all the W98SE ones see the Me but not this XPProblem Partially Solved. Had a BAD Network Card. Swapped now can get

    > files from Win ME But Win ME says
    > Need Permission on Win XP
    > TIA
    > Bob