I have a Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 running XP Home with all service packs and
patches. On this I run two applications that need to access the internet.
This works faultlessly using a wired connection to my Draytek 200G ADSL
modem/router. One program monitors my weather station and uploads a small
text file every 3 seconds to my website by FTP. The other is IE7 used to
monitor an IP camera that provides real-time coverage. I have now tried to
do the same thing using the inbuilt wireless Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Net
adaptor. The problem I have is that the wireless connection fails,
apparently at random, at boot up or sometimes after it has been running OK
for many hours. Sometimes only the IE7 connection fails and occasionally the
wireless link fails completely. The Inspiron and the Draytek are about six
feet apart so signal strength is not a problem and I can't find any evidence
of interference. I wonder if there is any free software that would enable me
to monitor the connection and analyse it if it fails. TIA

Peter Crosland