Wired and Wireless at the same time? - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Wired and Wireless at the same time? - Connectivity ; I have a PC in my shop wirelessly connected to my house using a PCI Wireless card and high gain antenna (WORKS FINE) but I also need to be able to use my Smart Display in the shop, to do ...

  1. Wired and Wireless at the same time?

    I have a PC in my shop wirelessly connected to my house using a PCI Wireless
    card and high gain antenna (WORKS FINE) but I also need to be able to use my
    Smart Display in the shop, to do this I need a connection that will allow
    the smart display to talk to the PC. Is it possble to wire the PC to a
    wireless router at the same time I'm using the wireless card to connect to
    the house?

    I tried using Microsofts VirtualWiFi but was running into way to many
    problems. IDEAS?

  2. Re: Wired and Wireless at the same time?

    To keep things simple. How can I get the rest of the PC's in the shop access
    to the PC connected wirelessly to my house?

  3. Re: Wired and Wireless at the same time?

    "HotRod" wrote in message
    > To keep things simple. How can I get the rest of the PC's in the shop
    > access to the PC connected wirelessly to my house?

    HotRod, I don't know the answer, but I love the problem and wish to
    silently watch the solution develop. I'm visualizing your 'main' shop pc
    with an empty lan port and a wireless card's antenna exiting its rear from a
    pci slot. Am I right? Please inform me of any difference; and I promise to
    not butt in again unless I'm sure to have a valuable input. s

  4. Re: Wired and Wireless at the same time?

    "HotRod" wrote in message
    > To keep things simple. How can I get the rest of the PC's in the shop
    > access to the PC connected wirelessly to my house?

    OK, HR, I see you asked this 30 days ago, but here is a link you should
    see if you have not solved it yet. It's directly related to your situation.

    >>> http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html <<<

+ Reply to Thread