network problem - Connectivity

This is a discussion on network problem - Connectivity ; i have 2 pc's on my network both are connected to a bt220v broadband router, pc1 is connected via usb cable, and pc2 is connected via ethernet cable, in network places on pc2 i am able to see pc1 and ...

  1. network problem

    i have 2 pc's on my network both are connected to a bt220v broadband router,
    pc1 is connected via usb cable, and pc2 is connected via ethernet cable, in
    network places on pc2 i am able to see pc1 and have complete access to it,
    but on pc1 i cannot see pc2 or connect to it, any idea's what could be
    wrong?
    T.I.A
    Tez

  2. Re: network problem

    sorry guys,
    i've fixed the problem now

    "terrance" wrote in message
    >i have 2 pc's on my network both are connected to a bt220v broadband
    >router, pc1 is connected via usb cable, and pc2 is connected via ethernet
    >cable, in network places on pc2 i am able to see pc1 and have complete
    >access to it, but on pc1 i cannot see pc2 or connect to it, any idea's what
    >could be wrong?
    > T.I.A
    > Tez

  3. Re: network problem

    How did you do it? Please help. I have a similar problem, my PC has a
    router attached and the boys PC has a USB wifi connector. The Main
    PC(vista) used to be able to see the second PC (XP) but vice versa wasnt
    possible. I just want to be able to send files etc.. to my sons' computer
    but if I cant see it then I cant send it anything.
    Thanks In Advance.

    Robin

  4. Re: network problem

    Robin wrote:
    > The Main
    > PC(vista) used to be able to see the second PC (XP) but vice versa wasnt
    > possible.

    You need to upgrade the XP PC to Vista, because XP doesnt feature
    Microsoft CoolEnoughâ„¢ and SendMeMoneyâ„¢.
    SCNR.

    Have you tried entering \\ into Windows Explorer's adress bar on the
    XP machine? You should be able to use the shares then. If not, something
    must be misconfigured.

    Regards,
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread