I said:

> I had the hotel "engineer" come and replace the little box on the wall that
> branches off the Ethernet connector from the TV cable. The replacement was
> brand new (I watched him take it out of the packaging and install it). No
> change in net access.

It just struck me that this box might be a cable modem. Does this mean that
there might be some switches inside that I can fiddle to try to fix the

John English