Static IP address to a remote system - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Static IP address to a remote system - Connectivity ; I have a situation where multiple customers allow remote access through a firewall via SSH, Remote Access Cards, etc. All the customers allow access ONLY from the same specific IP address. My question is, is there a hardware device, router, ...

  1. Static IP address to a remote system

    I have a situation where multiple customers allow remote access through

    a firewall via SSH, Remote Access Cards, etc. All the customers allow

    access ONLY from the same specific IP address.

    My question is, is there a hardware device, router, etc that would
    allow a nomadic user via a laptop to connect with; which then allow the

    laptop to have the same external IP address as the device/network
    (which just so happens to be the IP address the customers allow through

    their firewalls)?

    Currently I have to log into a server or pc (using remote access
    software, SSH, etc) and then use the computer I logged into to connect
    to my customer.

    Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

    Bill

  2. Re: Static IP address to a remote system

    > Currently I have to log into a server or pc (using remote access
    > software, SSH, etc) and then use the computer I logged into to connect
    > to my customer.
    >

    > Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!
    >

    > Bill

    Hi Bill,

    What you are asking is to 'spoof' the IP address of the 'safe' machine.

    You can have a good Google to learn how to spoof IP addresses. I would
    expect that there will be more utils available on Linux than on windows, but
    you never know.

    Mike.

+ Reply to Thread