Physical wiring question - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Physical wiring question - Connectivity ; I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to run Ethernet cabling to a detached garage when burying it is out of the question. Is there a special jacketed cable for hanging outside? Or a suitable tubing I ...

  1. Physical wiring question

    I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to run Ethernet cabling to a
    detached garage when burying it is out of the question. Is there a special
    jacketed cable for hanging outside? Or a suitable tubing I could put
    regular UTP inside of?

    Thanks!

    --
    Steve Barker
    Paola, KS

  2. Re: Physical wiring question

    "Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
    news:TPOdnWwNwMV0Co3YnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to run Ethernet cabling to a
    > detached garage when burying it is out of the question. Is there a

    special
    > jacketed cable for hanging outside? Or a suitable tubing I could put
    > regular UTP inside of?

    Depending on what kind of weather you get.
    A skinny pvc pipe just to keep it out of the weather would work.

    > Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Steve Barker
    > Paola, KS
    > BNSF (BN) Fort Scott Sub MP 50
    > Nikon CP 995
    > www.barkerranch.net

  3. Re: Physical wiring question

    Thanks for the reply. I may try to bury it after all. It's only about 30
    feet.

    --
    Steve Barker
    Paola, KS

    "Dana" wrote in message
    > "Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
    > news:TPOdnWwNwMV0Co3YnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to run Ethernet cabling to
    >> detached garage when burying it is out of the question. Is there a

    > special
    >> jacketed cable for hanging outside? Or a suitable tubing I could put
    >> regular UTP inside of?

    > Depending on what kind of weather you get.
    > A skinny pvc pipe just to keep it out of the weather would work.
    >>

    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Steve Barker
    >> Paola, KS
    >> BNSF (BN) Fort Scott Sub MP 50
    >> Nikon CP 995
    >> www.barkerranch.net

  4. Re: Physical wiring question

    "Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
    news:IfKdnWwRBNpWMIzYnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > Thanks for the reply. I may try to bury it after all. It's only about 30
    > feet.

    Even if you bury it I would run it through some kind of conduit, just to
    keep it protected.

    > --
    > Steve Barker
    > Paola, KS
    > BNSF (BN) Fort Scott Sub MP 50
    > Nikon CP 995
    > www.barkerranch.net
    >

    > "Dana" wrote in message
    > > "Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
    > > news:TPOdnWwNwMV0Co3YnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > >> I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to run Ethernet cabling

    > >> detached garage when burying it is out of the question. Is there a

    > > special
    > >> jacketed cable for hanging outside? Or a suitable tubing I could put
    > >> regular UTP inside of?

    > > Depending on what kind of weather you get.
    > > A skinny pvc pipe just to keep it out of the weather would work.
    > >>

    > >> Thanks!
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Steve Barker
    > >> Paola, KS