Super Newbie Question.. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Super Newbie Question.. - Connectivity ; I need to run 'Metasploit' and do it anonymously. I figure the best way to do this is use Tor. I can't get socat to listen or tunnel to listen on port 8080 /socat TCP4-LISTEN:8080,fork SOCKS4:127.0.0.1:10.0.0.1:80, socksport=9050 That should cause ...

  1. Super Newbie Question..

    I need to run 'Metasploit' and do it anonymously.

    I figure the best way to do this is use Tor.

    I can't get socat to listen or tunnel to listen on port 8080
    /socat TCP4-LISTEN:8080,fork SOCKS4:127.0.0.1:10.0.0.1:80,
    socksport=9050
    That should cause causes socat to listen on port 8080, yes..?? But its
    not!!!

    I don't understand why this isn't working, its starting to piss me off bad.

    What am I doing wrong??

    Thanks..

  2. Re: Super Newbie Question..

    Timmy wrote:

    > I need to run 'Metasploit' and do it anonymously.
    >
    > I figure the best way to do this is use Tor.
    >
    > I can't get socat to listen or tunnel to listen on port 8080
    > /socat TCP4-LISTEN:8080,fork SOCKS4:127.0.0.1:10.0.0.1:80,
    > socksport=9050

    If you don't see why this can never possibly work, and see it right
    away, you have no business dicking around with Metaspolit.

    But then we already knew that when you started out by telling us "I
    need to run Metasploit anonymously". Leave mommy and Daddy's stuff
    alone and go do your homework, OK? You're nanny-banned from MySpace for
    a reason. In 10 or 15 years you might begin to understand why.

+ Reply to Thread