I need a router/firewal for WAN/VPN Failover, Load Balacing, VPN, QOS etc. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on I need a router/firewal for WAN/VPN Failover, Load Balacing, VPN, QOS etc. - Connectivity ; HI everybody, i write here cause i need help by some expert about this argument. I got two offices, one with about 10 computers and the other one with 6 computers. the 10 one has a DomainController (Win 2003) instead ...

  1. I need a router/firewal for WAN/VPN Failover, Load Balacing, VPN, QOS etc.

    HI everybody, i write here cause i need help by some expert about this
    argument.
    I got two offices, one with about 10 computers and the other one with 6
    computers. the 10 one has a DomainController (Win 2003) instead the 6
    one have only a Workgroup.
    Both offices have 2 xDSL lines each one (one ADSL and one SHDSL).

    My object is find an hardware to do:

    - WAN and VPN Failover;
    - Loadbalancing (but this point isn't so important);
    - Creation a vpn-tunnel between 2 routers, so i could have only one
    internal network for all my computers in the two offices;
    - Merge all the computers in the Domain (the small group will add to
    the domain only for autentification);
    - Using QOS or other way to route all traffic generated by VoIP one
    only one of two xDSL;
    - I'm looking for UTM solutions and not;

    I've just founded some "candidates":

    - Juniper Network Netscreen 5GT / 5GT Plus
    - Watchguard Firebox edge X 5 (but i dont how cost the upgrade for WAN
    failover...)
    - Watchguard Firebox edge X 10e
    - Secure computing SnapGear SG 580 (or 560)

    If you know some about this models let me know if they could be a good
    solution for me or if you have all other suggestions write me 'em here!

    Thanks!

    FABIO

  2. Re: I need a router/firewal for WAN/VPN Failover, Load Balacing, VPN, QOS etc.

    "ita.acco" wrote in message
    news:1156776607.167779.251980@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
    > HI everybody, i write here cause i need help by some expert about this
    > argument.
    > I got two offices, one with about 10 computers and the other one with 6
    > computers. the 10 one has a DomainController (Win 2003) instead the 6
    > one have only a Workgroup.
    > Both offices have 2 xDSL lines each one (one ADSL and one SHDSL).
    >
    > My object is find an hardware to do:
    >
    > - WAN and VPN Failover;
    > - Loadbalancing (but this point isn't so important);
    > - Creation a vpn-tunnel between 2 routers, so i could have only one
    > internal network for all my computers in the two offices;
    > - Merge all the computers in the Domain (the small group will add to
    > the domain only for autentification);
    > - Using QOS or other way to route all traffic generated by VoIP one
    > only one of two xDSL;
    > - I'm looking for UTM solutions and not;
    >
    > I've just founded some "candidates":
    >
    > - Juniper Network Netscreen 5GT / 5GT Plus
    > - Watchguard Firebox edge X 5 (but i dont how cost the upgrade for WAN
    > failover...)
    > - Watchguard Firebox edge X 10e
    > - Secure computing SnapGear SG 580 (or 560)
    >
    > If you know some about this models let me know if they could be a good
    > solution for me or if you have all other suggestions write me 'em here!

    snip

    Fabio,
    Go with Cisco. You want it to work. www.cisco.com

+ Reply to Thread