network setup - Connectivity

This is a discussion on network setup - Connectivity ; quick question . Have an office in Seattle (home office) 35 users windows domain. Have an office in Colorado 5 users no domain (right now). The office in Colorado is projected to grow probably into more of a domain scenario. ...

  1. network setup

    quick question .

    Have an office in Seattle (home office) 35 users windows domain. Have an
    office in Colorado 5 users no domain (right now).

    The office in Colorado is projected to grow probably into more of a domain
    scenario.

    Curious on the best way or ways to make the two office better networked
    together?

    thanks

  2. Re: network setup

    were yuo thinking of setting up your own infrastructure for the backbone ?

    "geo" wrote in message
    news:T9udndyBWaDKCk7ZnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@telcove.net. ..
    > quick question .
    >
    > Have an office in Seattle (home office) 35 users windows domain. Have an
    > office in Colorado 5 users no domain (right now).
    >
    > The office in Colorado is projected to grow probably into more of a domain
    > scenario.
    >
    > Curious on the best way or ways to make the two office better networked
    > together?
    >
    > thanks

  3. Re: network setup

    Well currently the home office has a fractional T-1 768K
    The remote office has a cable modem. Not connected in anyway to the home
    office. The 8 sales office also have cable modems.

    The home office has 2 servers Windows 2000 Domain Controller (DHCP,DNS,
    print server, file server) other server is a member server Windows 2003
    (database)
    There are 50 internal clients with 8 printers. I also have 8 remote sales
    people in 8 separate locations. They move a lot every couple of years. The
    sales people are in the general location of the home office.

    The remote office just has 4 clients but is located in a different state.

    I'm curious on the best way this should all be configured?
    routers in ALL remote location and do VPN to the home office via the
    routers? How do people authenticate to the domain? Should I have multiple
    VLANs to separate out the traffic a little better instead of having just one
    VLAN?
    If I have multiple VLANS how do they still authenticate to the Windows
    domain? 8 sales office also have VOIP (vonage)

    "Mitch Pollard" wrote in message
    > were yuo thinking of setting up your own infrastructure for the backbone
    > ?
    >

    > "geo" wrote in message
    > news:T9udndyBWaDKCk7ZnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@telcove.net. ..
    >> quick question .
    >>
    >> Have an office in Seattle (home office) 35 users windows domain. Have an
    >> office in Colorado 5 users no domain (right now).
    >>
    >> The office in Colorado is projected to grow probably into more of a
    >> domain scenario.
    >>
    >> Curious on the best way or ways to make the two office better networked
    >> together?
    >>
    >> thanks

+ Reply to Thread