Networking two PC's for P2P use need help. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Networking two PC's for P2P use need help. - Connectivity ; Networking two PC's for P2P use need help. The first is just my main pc and the second pc is going to be my 24/7 Download box. I just have some idea of how to do it, but would like ...

  1. Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.

    Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.

    The first is just my main pc and the second pc is going to be my 24/7
    Download box. I just have some idea of how to do it, but would like
    much more help.

    If you could run me though it like for a dummy that would be nice

    I have a billion 5102 Four port Ethernet modem. At the moment i have a
    network setup between the two pcs and the second pc is shareing my net
    conection which is ADSL2-2mbt conection. God only knows how i manged
    that

    Ive been reading but what stumps me is Port Forwarding how would this
    work. I was told to put an IP in for the host machine other than my
    Own Internal ip. SO what happens then what do i forward my ports to ?

    Totaly confused.

    Please be easy on me and explain everything and ASUME nothing

    My download box is all ready just have to get this all setup to get it
    humming.

    Thanks for all your help.

  2. Re: Networking two PC's for P2P use need help.

    You may not need to use the port forwarding option. Port forwarding is used
    to direct traffic in through your firewall. E.g. if you want one of your
    computers to act as a web server, you would need to use port forwarding
    (configuring it on your router) to direct packets destined for port 80 to
    the specific (private) IP address of the computer you want to use as the web
    server. If you don't have any computers that you want to act as servers for
    the public internet, you would not need to invoke port forwarding.

+ Reply to Thread