Trouble sharing - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Trouble sharing - Connectivity ; 3XWinXPproSP2. Main comp in 'Hall' connected to Wanadoo box with a cable. Other 2 comps connected with wireless adaptors to Hall box. We can all surf the net qute well. Now we want to share some folders and use printers ...

  1. Trouble sharing

    3XWinXPproSP2.
    Main comp in 'Hall' connected to Wanadoo box with a cable.
    Other 2 comps connected with wireless adaptors to Hall box.
    We can all surf the net qute well.
    Now we want to share some folders and use printers on the other
    comps.
    I have done 'File and printer sharing' thing and i can actuall see
    the 'Hall' (name) and Ted (mine) when i click on MSHOME (three little
    screens). But... whin i try to open the hall comp i get a form asking for
    name and password. I assume its the msm passport thingy... me@ hotmail.com.
    so i enter my hotmail passport password. Bunt it wont have it. No way can i
    access the Hall computer. Surley it cant be that difficult.
    Am I going about this wrong? Any help much appreciated.
    Ted

  2. Re: Trouble sharing

    On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:32:20 +0100, "Ted"
    wrote:

    >3XWinXPproSP2.
    >Main comp in 'Hall' connected to Wanadoo box with a cable.
    >Other 2 comps connected with wireless adaptors to Hall box.
    >We can all surf the net qute well.
    >Now we want to share some folders and use printers on the other
    >comps.
    >I have done 'File and printer sharing' thing and i can actuall see
    >the 'Hall' (name) and Ted (mine) when i click on MSHOME (three little
    >screens). But... whin i try to open the hall comp i get a form asking for
    >name and password. I assume its the msm passport thingy... me@ hotmail.com.
    >so i enter my hotmail passport password. Bunt it wont have it. No way can i
    >access the Hall computer. Surley it cant be that difficult.
    >Am I going about this wrong? Any help much appreciated.
    >Ted

    Use the same login as you would on the Hall pc

+ Reply to Thread