Cat5 - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Cat5 - Connectivity ; Can someone give me a reason for the t568b color code can you just make the cable's the same on both ends???? I ask this because I always follow the standard but have someone who said this standard does not ...

  1. Cat5

    Can someone give me a reason for the t568b color code can you just make the
    cable's the same on both ends????
    I ask this because I always follow the standard but have someone who said
    this standard does not matter and if you have any documentation on this
    matter can you give me a link to it???

    Thank you

    --
    Z˙RiX
    (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

  2. Re: Cat5

    "Z˙RiX" wrote in message
    > Can someone give me a reason for the t568b color code can you just make
    > the cable's the same on both ends????

    2 questions in one sentence? I don't understand what you're asking.

    > I ask this because I always follow the standard but have someone who said
    > this standard does not matter and if you have any documentation on this
    > matter can you give me a link to it???
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > --
    > Z˙RiX
    > (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

  3. Re: Cat5

    --
    Z˙RiX
    (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

    "Can you give me a reason for the t568b color code?"
    "Can you just make the cable's the same on both ends and still get proper
    sheilding?">

    I ask this because I always follow the standard but have someone who said
    this standard does not matter....

  4. Re: Cat5

    "Z˙RiX" wrote in message

    > --
    > Z˙RiX
    > (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)
    >

    > "Can you give me a reason for the t568b color code?"
    > "Can you just make the cable's the same on both ends and still get proper
    > sheilding?">
    >

    > I ask this because I always follow the standard but have someone who said
    > this standard does not matter....

    Hi,

    Your friend is correct in that in a cat 5 Ethernet cable running at
    100mbit/s you use 4 of the 8 wires. As long as these are 'the same' or
    correctly 'crossed' then you don't need to follow the specs. However, if at
    some point in the future you wish to use the other 4 wires, you need to know
    how they are connected.

    HTH,
    Mike.

  5. Re: Cat5

    MED wrote:
    > "Z˙RiX" wrote in message
    >>
    >> --
    >> Z˙RiX
    >> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)
    >>

    >> "Can you give me a reason for the t568b color code?"
    >> "Can you just make the cable's the same on both ends and still get proper
    >> sheilding?">
    >>

    >> I ask this because I always follow the standard but have someone who said
    >> this standard does not matter....
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > Your friend is correct in that in a cat 5 Ethernet cable running at
    > 100mbit/s you use 4 of the 8 wires. As long as these are 'the same' or
    > correctly 'crossed' then you don't need to follow the specs. However, if at
    > some point in the future you wish to use the other 4 wires, you need to know
    > how they are connected.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Mike.

    Well, yes and no. You still want to make sure you're using 2 pairs,
    rather than a wire from one pair and then a pair from another.

+ Reply to Thread