Getting HTTP past a blocked Port 80 - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Getting HTTP past a blocked Port 80 - Connectivity ; Hiya. A computer im doing some work on has an Internet connection (company provided) that blocks port 80 (Definitely ISP blocking port 80) . The need has come up to access hotmail (login page is HTTP), and i can't figure ...

  1. Getting HTTP past a blocked Port 80

    Hiya.

    A computer im doing some work on has an Internet connection (company
    provided) that blocks port 80 (Definitely ISP blocking port 80) . The
    need has come up to access hotmail (login page is HTTP), and i can't
    figure out a way to bypass the block.

    Anyone with some brilliant suggestions or clues?

    Much thanks in advance,
    wulf

  2. Re: Getting HTTP past a blocked Port 80

    So sorry, hadnt set up my news reader.

    Reply address is ssolter@gmail.com

    John Smith wrote:
    > Hiya.
    >
    > A computer im doing some work on has an Internet connection (company
    > provided) that blocks port 80 (Definitely ISP blocking port 80) . The
    > need has come up to access hotmail (login page is HTTP), and i can't
    > figure out a way to bypass the block.
    >
    > Anyone with some brilliant suggestions or clues?
    >
    > Much thanks in advance,
    > wulf

  3. Re: Getting HTTP past a blocked Port 80

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:44:42 +1200, John Smith wrote:

    > Hiya.
    >
    > A computer im doing some work on has an Internet connection (company
    > provided) that blocks port 80 (Definitely ISP blocking port 80) . The
    > need has come up to access hotmail (login page is HTTP), and i can't
    > figure out a way to bypass the block.
    >
    > Anyone with some brilliant suggestions or clues?
    >
    > Much thanks in advance,
    > wulf

    The company for whatever reason has an IT policy to not allow web access to
    the Internet. If you have a valid company need, talk to your IT guys to
    remove the block.

  4. Re: Getting HTTP past a blocked Port 80

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.comp.networking.firewalls,
    in article <443ca22b$1@news.orcon.net.nz>, John Smith wrote:

    > A computer im doing some work on has an Internet connection (company
    > provided) that blocks port 80 (Definitely ISP blocking port 80) . The
    > need has come up to access hotmail (login page is HTTP), and i can't
    > figure out a way to bypass the block.

    Discuss this with the network manager. Why is using hotmail rather than
    a company supplied mail address important for you doing your job?

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread