Crossover transfer speeds - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Crossover transfer speeds - Connectivity ; I use a Cat5 crossover cable and can only get 1.6mb/sec between two of my computers and .67mb/sec between my laptop and desk system.I was expecting better. Is there anything I should be looking at to improve speed?...

  1. Crossover transfer speeds

    I use a Cat5 crossover cable and can only get 1.6mb/sec between two of my
    computers and .67mb/sec between my laptop and desk system.I was expecting
    better. Is there anything I should be looking at to improve speed?

  2. Re: Crossover transfer speeds

    get a cat5e cable.

    "Lake Nokomis" wrote in message
    > I use a Cat5 crossover cable and can only get 1.6mb/sec between two of my
    > computers and .67mb/sec between my laptop and desk system.I was expecting
    > better. Is there anything I should be looking at to improve speed?

+ Reply to Thread