Two networks... - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Two networks... - Connectivity ; Network one: Two machines, WinXP-Win98 with a Cat5 crossover cable (no router). Network two: The WinXP machince from network one connected via a USB-to-Ethernet (Cat5) converter thingamabob to a router. Network one went down when some guy installed network two. ...

  1. Two networks...

    Network one: Two machines, WinXP-Win98 with a Cat5 crossover cable (no
    router).
    Network two: The WinXP machince from network one connected via a
    USB-to-Ethernet (Cat5) converter thingamabob to a router.

    Network one went down when some guy installed network two. Network two
    is the most important. I am wondering how to get both networks to run
    (without seeing each other) while keeping the crossover cable in place?

  2. Re: Two networks...

    > The WinXP machine

    ipconfig/all

  3. Re: Two networks...

    what exactly are you trying to achieve, i am not quite understanding, why
    dont you want both networks to see each other?.
    "rich" wrote in message
    > Network one: Two machines, WinXP-Win98 with a Cat5 crossover cable (no
    > router).
    > Network two: The WinXP machince from network one connected via a
    > USB-to-Ethernet (Cat5) converter thingamabob to a router.
    >
    > Network one went down when some guy installed network two. Network two
    > is the most important. I am wondering how to get both networks to run
    > (without seeing each other) while keeping the crossover cable in place?

+ Reply to Thread