login to sbcon - Connectivity

This is a discussion on login to sbcon - Connectivity ; we just got a new server with netware 6.5 and PCs with winxp. When using sbcon for back up it wouldn't take our user name and password. The guys that installed it swear that that's the correct user name and ...

  1. login to sbcon

    we just got a new server with netware 6.5 and PCs with winxp. When using
    sbcon for back up it wouldn't take our user name and password. The guys that
    installed it swear that that's the correct user name and password but I
    didn't see them using it when they were trying to make sbcon work on our
    sony tape back up. How can I find out what the user name and password is.
    Would I go into ConsoleOne and have to grant admin rights? On our old server
    one time I tried to put in the password and it wouldn't go but the guy
    working on it said I had to hit a button on the keyboard before typing it
    in. I've hit every button and it still won't go.

  2. Re: login to sbcon

    "Ron Young" wrote in message
    > we just got a new server with netware 6.5 and PCs with winxp. When using
    > sbcon for back up it wouldn't take our user name and password. The guys
    > that installed it swear that that's the correct user name and password but
    > didn't see them using it when they were trying to make sbcon work on our
    > sony tape back up. How can I find out what the user name and password is.
    > Would I go into ConsoleOne and have to grant admin rights? On our old
    > server one time I tried to put in the password and it wouldn't go but the
    > guy working on it said I had to hit a button on the keyboard before typing
    > it in. I've hit every button and it still won't go.

    I discovered that when my workstation is logged in I can't login to the
    server until I shut the workstation down. The other work stations don't have
    this problem.

+ Reply to Thread