problem with home network - Connectivity

This is a discussion on problem with home network - Connectivity ; Hi All, I am using windows xp sr2. I am trying to set up a home network. I have a 2wire dsl modem/router. My desktop is wired to the router and the other two computers are wireless. Each machine is ...

  1. problem with home network

    Hi All,

    I am using windows xp sr2. I am trying to set up a home network. I have a
    2wire dsl modem/router. My desktop is wired to the router and the other two
    computers are wireless. Each machine is using windows xp sr2. The problem
    I am having is that each computer can't see each other. Also when I ping
    the computers the desktop times out when connecting to the laptop wireless
    computer. but, the laptop can ping the desktop successfully. I am at a
    loss of what to do. Can a wired and wireless network co exist? Any help
    would be appreciated. thanks,

    --

    Regards, Gary Metzler
    Outta Sight Travel, Inc.

  2. Re: problem with home network

    Given that all three systems use the same router, the most likely reason the
    desktop system cannot ping the laptop, while the same laptop is able to ping
    the desktop with little or no latency is that the laptop is running software
    which blocks ICMP pings -- most likely a software firewall or similar
    security-oriented software package.

+ Reply to Thread