Home Network Help - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Home Network Help - Connectivity ; I've just reloaded Windows XP onto the 3 PC's we have at home and now have a problem communicating with one of them. Here's the set-up. All 3 running Windows XP Pro, SP2, connected via a switch. All 3 PC's ...

  1. Home Network Help

    I've just reloaded Windows XP onto the 3 PC's we have at home and now have a
    problem communicating with one of them. Here's the set-up. All 3 running
    Windows XP Pro, SP2, connected via a switch. All 3 PC's on same workgroup.
    Network setup wizard has been run on all 3 machines.

    PC1 can access PC2 and PC3 no problems.

    PC2 can access PC3

    PC3 can access PC2

    Neither PC2 or 3 can access PC1, just get "Access Denied" error saying may
    not have permission and contact network administrator. Something obviously
    changed when I repair installed XP on PC1 because prior to that PC2 could
    access the shared directories on PC1 no problems with the current user
    setup, but I have run network wizard on PC1 with no changes!

    Have tried this with same user and password logged onto PC1 and PC3 - no
    change. Users are setup as follows:

    All users have an account on PC1, only user 1 has a password.
    Only user 2 (with no password) has an account on PC2.
    Only user 1 (with same password) has an account on PC3.

    HELP!!!! I fail to see how all 3 PC's can be setup the same and on the same
    network and have one that can access all others but not allow the others to
    access it!

    TIA

  2. Re: Home Network Help SOLVED

    "Marty" wrote in message
    > I've just reloaded Windows XP onto the 3 PC's we have at home and now have
    > a problem communicating with one of them. Here's the set-up. All 3
    > running Windows XP Pro, SP2, connected via a switch. All 3 PC's on same
    > workgroup. Network setup wizard has been run on all 3 machines.
    >
    > PC1 can access PC2 and PC3 no problems.
    >
    > PC2 can access PC3
    >
    > PC3 can access PC2

    Issue has been resolved. Had to disable then re-enable sharing on the
    relevant folders on PC1, which I thought I had already done but obviously
    was mistaken!!! (more of the DOH! syndrome)..

+ Reply to Thread