Hi,

I am having problems detecting an Intel 510t switch.

I have installed the Intel software, both web based and windows based with
the same result. I select, install new device with a straight through cable
connected between the PC and any of the various switch ports as instructed
in the manual. The program searches but finds nothing.

I have held in the reset button to give the default ip address of
192.168.2.1 and set this as the gateway on the pc. Still not detecting. I
ping 192.168.2.1 and look for an ARP entry but there is nothing.

I have tried connecting via a serial cable with hyperterminal and vt100
terminal emulation software, but do not seem to have a com port to select.

Can someone please give me some advise on how to configure a switch.

Thanks
Jess