direct connection between 2 pcs - Connectivity

This is a discussion on direct connection between 2 pcs - Connectivity ; hi there. have 2 pcs (well, a pc, and a tivo) that are both connected wirelessly to a DI524 router. is there any way to connect a crossover cat5 cable between second ethernet adaptors in each to allow a direct ...

  1. direct connection between 2 pcs

    hi there.
    have 2 pcs (well, a pc, and a tivo) that are both connected wirelessly to a
    DI524 router. is there any way to connect a crossover cat5 cable between
    second ethernet adaptors in each to allow a direct (non-wireless thru
    router) connection?

    I think I may have to execute a route command to do this?

    Help!
    Thanks
    Peter

  2. Re: direct connection between 2 pcs

    I do this with a PC and a PS2 so that the PS2 can use ICS on the WiFi
    networked PC.

    Plug them in and switch them on - see what happens!

+ Reply to Thread