For practice I networked my desktop computer (OPSYS=Windows 98SE)
with my laptop under XP as the host computer. I was pleased with the
successful outcome.

Now I want the to revert to the original situation where both were stand
alone computers
and not networked. Everytime I want to go on the internet or send email on
the Win 98 computer as
I did before the networking practice ......it now always fails to connect to
the internet.
I feel this is happening because I had instucted
that connection and email should be made through / via the host computer in
the network
scenario. I get the impression that the Win 98 computer still thinks that it
is networked
and using associated settings. How do I "de-network" ?

Enlightenment please..........and thank you.