Satellite internet problem - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Satellite internet problem - Connectivity ; Hello, A friend of mine was having a problem with his satellite internet services. After having a technician over, it was determined that it was his NIC that was causing him trouble. My question is this: when the NIC is ...

  1. Satellite internet problem

    Hello,

    A friend of mine was having a problem with his satellite internet
    services. After having a technician over, it was determined that it was
    his NIC that was causing him trouble.

    My question is this: when the NIC is replaced, will the "WAN miniport"
    drivers be replaced, as well? Neither of us are too certain as to what
    these are, and in device manager, it shows that they are not installed
    because Windows (he is using XP home edition) has no drivers for them.
    If the NIC and its drivers are loaded, will this take care of that problem?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Satellite internet problem

    Yogensha wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > A friend of mine was having a problem with his satellite internet
    > services. After having a technician over, it was determined that it was
    > his NIC that was causing him trouble.
    >
    > My question is this: when the NIC is replaced, will the "WAN miniport"
    > drivers be replaced, as well? Neither of us are too certain as to what
    > these are, and in device manager, it shows that they are not installed
    > because Windows (he is using XP home edition) has no drivers for them.
    > If the NIC and its drivers are loaded, will this take care of that problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Just an update: I've found that the reinstallation of the NIC didn't
    affect the WAN miniport drivers; I had to reinstall his version of
    Windows XP before it would function. Fortunately, everything works fine
    now.

    Thanks anyhow.
    Yogensha

+ Reply to Thread